Department of Organization, Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a full-time faculty position as full Professor in Science, Technology, and Organization.
In announcing a professorship in science, technology, and organization the department wishes to strengthen the following areas: 1) Research in the relationship between science, technology and organization; 2) Collaboration with business and society regarding science, technology, organization, and leadership; 3) Teaching in the areas of organization theory, organizational change, organizing teams and processes and related areas in bachelor, master, and PhD programs.
Examples of research areas that the professorship might cover:
- Organizational consequences of science and technology
- Intersections of STS and organization theory
- The science and technology of organization
- Socio-technical organization of human relations
- Organization of science, technology and innovation
IOA is a longstanding international department with an ambitious and friendly atmosphere comprising currently 55 faculty, 35 PhD students, and 11 administrative staff. Pursuing a problem-oriented, business-in-society-approach to studying and theorizing organizations and organizing processes at all levels, our mission is to carry out high quality research and research-based teaching characterized by empirical curiosity, methodological rigor, theoretical depth, and critical thinking. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. This includes studies of private companies, public organizations, professional societies as well as NGOs. We investigate and discuss topics such as change and innovation processes, leadership, work and human resources, public management and governance, project management, institutional dynamics, market creation, expertise and power.
Our social-scientific approach includes scholarly traditions such as organization theory, sociology, organizational psychology, science and technology studies, and political economy. We value qualitative methods highly and typically employ case studies, ethnographic methods, or social network analysis.
Teaching responsibilities of the Department comprise undergraduate and graduate teaching as well as teaching in post-experience and doctoral education.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in a relevant academic field.
- Documented teaching qualifications and material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios .
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals within relevant fields.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Teaching and research experience within the area of science, technology and organization or related areas.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Deputy Head of Department Lise Justesen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Information about the department may be found at: www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-organization
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
The recruitment committee shortlists minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
Closing date: September 1, 2021.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk .
Associate Professorship In Business And Society, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 6 hours ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Business and Society at the Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC). Examples of research ...
Data Processor And Office Administrator / Alumni Office And Business Relations Sbe Centre For Student Development & Business Relations, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, about 2 hours ago
Maastricht University Maastricht University is known for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at M...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) On Innovative Higher Education (1.0 Fte), Department Of Educational Research And Development, School Of Business And Economics, Maastricht University (UM), Netherlands, about 8 hours ago
Maastricht University Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research a...
Assistant Professor In Circular Business Development , Aalborg University, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
At Technical Faculty of IT and Design, Department of Planning, Aalborg a position as Assistant Professor in Circular Business Development is open for appointment from 1 March 2022 until 28 Februa...
International Business: State Of The Art Theories, Methods And Topics , Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 14 hours ago
1169958 Course International Business: State-of-the art theories, methods and topics Faculty Joao Albino-Pimentel (JAP), Copenhagen Business School Christian Geisler Asmussen (CGA), Copenhagen Bus...
Assistant/Associate Professor In Business Research Methodology, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, about 9 hours ago
We are looking for an excellent enthusiastic scholar to join the High-tech Business and Entrepreneurship (HBE) department at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences. The HBE dep...