Do you want to be involved in the green energy transition? Do you wish to contribute to the development of e-mobility integration and are you looking for a career in R&D or academia? Then we have a great opportunity for you!
We invite applications for a 2-year Postdoc position that will contribute to the development of methods to exploit synergies between public electric vehicle (EV) charging stations and renewable energy resources and support the European-wide rollout of charging infrastructure.
DTU Wind and Energy Systems is a world-leading wind energy department that puts knowledge to work through cutting-edge research, innovation and development of technology. We have internationally leading research environments, and we prioritize strong cross-disciplinary collaborations within DTU, with leading international universities and facilities, and with private companies. We have a strong focus on the development of wind energy as the backbone of the future energy system and collaborate with the full sector.
You will be part of an international team carrying out research in the section for e-mobility and prosumer integration.
Funding research projects
The position is jointly supported by two European projects: FLOW and EV4EU.
- Flexible energy systems Leveraging the Optimal integration of EVs deployment Wave (FLOW) is funded by EU HORIZON and runs between July 2022 and June 2026. The FLOW project will demonstrate multifaceted EV smart charging and Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) integration into energy systems thanks to a range of comprehensive solutions providing answers to the needs of all actors involved. The FLOW project consists of 26 partners from 9 countries. https://www.theflowproject.eu/
- Electric Vehicles Management for carbon neutrality in Europe (EV4EU) is funded by EU HORIZON and runs between June 2022 and December 2025. The EV4EU project proposes and implements bottom-up and user-centric Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X) management strategies creating the conditions for the mass deployment of electric vehicles. The strategies will consider the impact of smart charging on EV battery degradation, the interaction between user needs and charging methods, and the impact on the power system with a focus on energy markets integration. The EV4EU project consists of 22 partners from 5 countries. https://ev4eu.eu/
Responsibilities and qualifications
Specifically, the position aims to:
- Review and describe the state-of-the-art for EV charging behavior in coordination with project partners.
- Establish novel insights on usage and charging patterns for EV users.
- Propose and assess mechanisms that will allow public chargers operators to manage and optimize their portfolios by appropriate pricing policies.
- Investigate concepts that allow distribution network operators to incentivize the use of charging in hours and areas with abundance of local generation.
The postdoc will have task responsibilities in both projects and will be involved in the coordination of the projects’ activities. Supervision of PhD and master students will be part of the job, along with possible participation in educational activities.
The candidate is also expected to actively contribute to raising funds for new research projects and to promote DTU activities.
The candidate must hold a M.Sc. and a PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline with focus on energy systems. Areas of interest include controllability of charging stations, modelling of distributed energy resources and integrated operation of energy systems.
As the position is part of research, development and demonstration projects, it is important that the candidate is not only technically proficient, but also able to work in a team and contribute to the successful execution of project activities.
Candidates must have the following technical qualifications:
- The ability to work effectively with data and applied statistics
- Knowledge of electric vehicle technology
- Strong programming skills (MATLAB and/or Python)
Further, the candidate should fulfill the following:
- Dedicated person with desire to learn
- Ability to work in a project team and take responsibility for own research goals
- Experimental and lab work experience
- Experience in presenting results in technical reports and scientific papers
- Ability to clearly communicate technical content
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and appointment terms
The appointment is based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed upon with the relevant union. The period of employment is 2 years.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here .
The workplace will be DTU Wind and Energy Systems, Lyngby campus or Risø campus, Denmark.
Further information may be obtained from Head of Section for E-Mobility and Prosumer Integration, Associate Professor Mattia Marinelli (email@example.com ), Senior Researcher Peter Bach Andersen (firstname.lastname@example.org ) and Assistant Professor Haris Ziras (email@example.com).
You can read more about DTU Wind and Energy Systems AT www.vindenergi.dtu.dk
If you are applying from abroad, you may find useful information on working in Denmark and at DTU at DTU – Moving to Denmark .
Please submit your online application no later than the 15 June 2023 (Danish time).
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link “Apply online”, fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae including the list of technical publications (articles and reports)
- MSc/PhD diploma (in English)
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
The Department of Wind and Energy Systems is one of the world’s largest centers of wind energy and energy systems research and knowledge, with a staff of more than 400 people from 37 countries working in research, innovation, research-based consulting and education. DTU Wind and Energy Systems has approximately 90 PhD students. The department’s cross-disciplinary research is organized through strategic research programmes that collaborate with Danish and international universities, research institutions and organizations, as well as the wind industry.
Technology for people
DTU develops technology for people. With our international elite research and study programmes, we are helping to create a better world and to solve the global challenges formulated in the UN’s 17 Sustainable Development Goals. Hans Christian Ørsted founded DTU in 1829 with a clear mission to develop and create value using science and engineering to benefit society. That mission lives on today. DTU has 13,500 students and 6,000 employees. We work in an international atmosphere and have an inclusive, evolving, and informal working environment. DTU has campuses in all parts of Denmark and in Greenland, and we collaborate with the best universities around the world.
Post Doctoral Fellow, Civil Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Position Overview KU is seeking an experienced & highly motivated Post-doctoral Fellow to work on a funded project aiming to develop conceptually and to demonstrate numerically new dynamic energy ...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Data Driven Aerohydroelastic Analysis Of Offshore Wind Turbines , University of Bergen, Norway, about 6 hours ago
24th October 2023 Languages English English Norsk Nynorsk English Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Data-Driven Aerohydroelastic Analysis of Offshore Wind Turbines Apply for this job See advertiseme...
2 Postdoctoral Positions At Ku Leuven (Belgium) In Hydrodynamics Of Winds And Mass Transfer In Binary Stars, Institute of Astronomy, KU Leuven, Belgium, about 8 hours ago
The Institute of Astronomy of KU Leuven (Belgium) seeks 2 highly motivated applicants to take on important roles in the BRAVE project. BRAVE aims to tackle long-standing problems in (wind) Roche-l...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Civil Engineering, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Arab Emirates, 26 days ago
7 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company KHALIFA UNIVERSITY Research Field Engineering Engineering Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country United A...
Postdoc Secure And Optimal Control Of Renewable Energy Systems, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, about 24 hours ago
Challenge: Accelerate the Transition to Renewable Energy Generation Change: Develop secure and optimal control algorithms for wind farms Impact: Prove they work by organizing a hackathon! Renewabl...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Wind Resource Modeling And Assessment , UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Norway, about 6 hours ago
Stig Brøndbo 15th October 2023 Languages English English English Faculty of Science and Technology Postdoctoral Fellow in Wind Resource Modeling and Assessment Apply for this job See advertisement...