Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for new postdoc position(s) in Energy Economics at CSEI, Department of Economics
The Department of Economics provides research, teaching and knowledge transfer within the core areas of economics, i.e. microeconomics, macroeconomics, and quantitative methods. The Department is especially active in business-related, applied economic research, and comprises three research centres: Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI), Centre for Innovation (CFI), and Pension Research Centre (PeRCent). In terms of research activities, the posts will be attached to CSEI.
The Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure (CSEI) is a highly specialised European research centre at the Department of Economics at the Copenhagen Business School. At CSEI we are mainly focused on economic and policy research aspects of European energy issues. At the same time, we maintain a global outlook to energy challenges of our time. CSEI is funded by stakeholders from the energy sector and other research grants.
The position as postdoc is mainly for researchand does not normally involve teaching obligations. The candidate will be expected to be physically present on campus on a regular basis and actively participate in the research activities of CSEI.
CSEI research focus
The appointed postdocs will contribute to externally funded research projects in CSEI’s key research areas in applied energy economics and policy related to the energy transition, decarbonization of the energy sector and the European Green Deal. They are also encouraged to develop and promote new topics in line with their interests and the current developments in the energy sector. CSEI also offers some taught modules in energy economics to CBS students. Our current and planned areas of our research include, but are not limited to, the following areas of applied energy economics, regulation, innovation, and policy:
- Economic regulation of energy networks and infrastructure
- Energy systems modelling, eg. regarding Energy system integration, sector coupling, renewable energy integration
- Technology and innovation economics and policy, e.g. relating to Power-to-X, offshore renewables, and carbon capture utilization and storage
- Application of digital methodologies and data sources in techno-economic energy research, e.g., geo-information systems, social media, data hubs, and regulation
- Energy, green, and carbon finance
- Econometric analysis (e.g., market, consumer, or Danish register data)
In this call, we would like to hear from qualified candidates who will support our new research projects on the following topics:
- Energy and environmental economics and related social sciences to research public acceptance of energy technologies and infrastructure development in general and Carbon Capture, Utilisation, and Storage (CCUS) in particular.
- Digitalisation of the energy sector and development of an energy data infrastructure innovative system in the EU. This research is part of a large inter-disciplinary Horizon Europe project.
CBS and departmental responsibilities
- Individual and group-based research at high international standards, incl. publishing and scientific communication
- Participation in research activities, such as seminars, workshops, networks and conferences
- Contributing to administrative responsibilities of the Department and CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the wider public and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participation in the public debate to promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Ph.D. or equivalent advanced degrees in energy economics and relevant fields
- Documented research track record at international level, including publications in recognized journals in the field
- Experience of developing research grant proposals and managing research projects
- The applicant must be proficient in English (written and spoken)
- Possibility to travel to international conferences
- Extensive network within industry, academia and European policy-making
- Well-equipped workspace in a central location in Copenhagen
Copenhagen Business School is committed to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its research. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for research and dissemination in their field.
For further information please contact
Professor Tooraj Jamasb (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Dr. Philipp Ostrowicz (email@example.com )
More information about CSEI can be found at: https://www.csei.eu
Information about the department may be found at https://cbs.dk/econ
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below and must include:
1. A cover letter (no more than 2 pages)
2. A full CV
3. Proof of qualifications
4. Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar
5. If applicable, information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international collaboration
6. Copies of the academic works to be considered during the review. Only publications written in English or one of the Scandinavian languages will be considered
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics, and Copenhagen School of Energy Infrastructure are available at https://www.cbs.dk
October 3rd, 2022
Closing date: 3 October 2022.
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
CBS is working continuously on becoming a diverse and inclusive organization, and we encourage all regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religious beliefs, LGBT+ status, cultural background etc. to apply.
Reach out to us if you need assistance in the application or recruitment process, if there is something we should know, or if as a person with disability you wish to make use of your preferential access.
Postdoc In Energy Economics At Csei, Department Of Economics , COPENHAGEN BUSINESS SCHOOL, Denmark, 20 days ago
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for new postdoc position(s) in Energy Economics at CSEI, Department of Economics The Department of Economics provides research, teaching and k...
Postdoc In The Sociology Of Transformative Technology, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 19 days ago
at the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, CBS Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Postdoc in the sociology of transformative technology at the Department o...
Postdoc In User Innovation And Entrepreneurship, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 15 days ago
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a postdoc position in User Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the Department of Strategy and Innovation. Expected starting date is as soon as po...
Readvertisement: Postdoc On “Women In Science And Technology (Winst)", Copenhagen Business School, Denmark, 27 days ago
The Department of Strategy and Innovation (SI) at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) is looking for a postdoc researcher. The postdoc position is limited to 3 years and connected to the project “Wom...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position On Optimizing Plus Energy Neighbourhoods, NORWEGIAN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY - NTNU, Norway, 14 days ago
About the position The Research Centre on Zero Emission Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities (ZEN Centre) hosted by the Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management is looking for a Post...
Postdoctoral Fellow (Index No. 4502 00), Paul Scherrer Institut Villigen, Switzerland, 11 days ago
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, e...