Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Associate Professorship in Civil Society Studies at the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP)
In announcing this associate professorship, the department wishes to strengthen theoretically informed civil society studies by increasing the comparative understanding of historical developments and contemporary practices of governance nationally and internationally.
The associate professor is expected to cover one or more of the following research areas
- Political economy and governance aspects of civil society studies.
- Historical narratives on fiduciary governance ideals and practices.
- Liberal and republican theories on civil society in general and governance in particular.
- Qualitative and quantitative analyses of business cooperatives and other social economic enterprises.
MPP carries out disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research in the humanities and social sciences with a focus on management, law, strategy and organisation across private and public sectors and civil society. It is thus positioned at the centre of CBS’s business-in-society mission. It is organised into different research groups: political management; business history; law; management philosophy; management and entrepreneurship. Faculty within these groups have research backgrounds in all areas of political science, sociology, philosophy, history, law, anthropology, tourism and leisure management, cultural economics, business administration, and other areas. What unites faculty is an overriding concern for the human within its multiple environments: work, nature, economy, civil association, the state, and the corporation. MPP also participates in numerous interdisciplinary cross-CBS activities.
Across the department, there is a keen interest in developing new forms of teaching and learning environments in collaboration with CBS faculty, international researchers, students and partner organizations. MPP’s researchers teach in a wide range of CBS programs and covers Bachelor, Master and PhD levels as well as executive programs.
The position is located in the Politics or History Group.
The Associate Professorship is a tenured position with research and teaching obligations.
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education
- Individual and group-based research meeting the highest international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Initiating fund-raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
The Associate Professor is expected to contribute to the development and application of the research of the Department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please consult http://www.cbs.dk/files/cbs.dk/guidelines_for_teaching_portfolios.pdf
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact Head of Department Mitchell Dean, tel.: 3815 4234, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or professor Anker Brink Lund, e-mail abl.mpp.cbs.dk.
Information about the Department may be found at www.cbs.dk/mpp .
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Closing date: 2 February 2020.
With some 20.422 full and part-time students, 644 full-time faculty members, 192 PhD and 724 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems and culture.
The University welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.
211 0021/19 2 K Professor Of Mathematics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
Professor of Mathematics Department of Mathematical Sciences Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Mathematical Sciences invites applications for a position of Full Profess...
151033 Professor Of Orthopedic Surgery With Special Focus On Treatment Of Degenerative Joint Diseases And/Or Traumatology (Fixed Term, 10 Years), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
Department of Clinical Medicine Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen The University seeks to appoint a clinical professor of orthopaedic surgery with special focus on tr...
151050 Clinical Professor Of Respiratory Medicine Wsfo. Severe Dyspnea And Respiratory Infections (Fixed Term, 5 Years), University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen The University seeks to appoint a clinical professor of Respiratory Medicine With Special Focus On Severe Dyspnoea and Respiratory I...
211 0014/19 2 K Professor On The Sociology Of Food And Food Systems, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
Professor on the Sociology of food and food systems Department of Food and Resource Economics Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Department of Food and Resource Economics (IFRO) looks...
151101 Professor Of Personalised Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences University of Copenhagen The University seeks to appoint a professor of Personalised Medicine to the Department of...
Research Support Coordinator And Grant Writer For The Pharmaceutical Science Area, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
The European University Consortium for Pharmaceutical Sciences (ULLA) Department of Pharmacy Department of Drug Design and Pharmacology Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenh...