UNIVERSITY OF PARDUBICE, The Faculty of Restoration (FR)
is hiring 1 postdoc researcher in the following field:
1 – KA14 – Materials research in the field of historical surfaces of architecture, artworks of stone and related materials
Job description and the Research field
The activities of the postgraduate researcher will follow up on the long-term research carried out at the Faculty of Restoration focused on the care of tangible cultural heritage, especially architectural surfaces, murals, stone works of art and related materials. The researcher will study the composition and properties of historical materials or evaluate selected conservation technologies in the field monuments care. The research will take place interdisciplinary under the leadership of the Department of Chemical Technology, in cooperation with the Studio of Restoration and Conservation of Wall Paintings, Sgraffito and Mozaics and the Studio of Restoration and Conservation of Stone and Related Materials. The research will use the instrumentation of the Department of Chemical Technology, Faculty of Restoration, including instrumental methods such as optical and electron microscopy, colorimetry, ultrasonic transmission, infrared spectroscopy with Fourier transform, etc. The researcher shall actively participate in a conference, seminar, or workshop organized by the receiving institution at least once in every six months of the mobility.
Field of research: Materials science in the care of material cultural heritage.
Objectives and expected benefits
The main benefit for the individual workplaces mentioned above, especially for the Department of Chemical Technology and also for the Studio of Restoration of Murals and Graffiti and the Studio of Stone Restoration, will be an expansion of knowledge related to the selected historical materials and conservation technologies, including their critical evaluation. The expected benefit will be also the methodology specification and evaluating the potential of selected research methods. During the entire stay, the researcher will be assigned a mentor. Naturally, the benefits also include an expansion of network of contacts and acquisition of potential international partners, as well as the use of the researcher’s prior experience.
- Ph.D. or its international equivalent (ISCED Level 8) awarded not earlier than 7 years before the beginning of the mobility ,
- over the past 3 years, the candidate has spent a minimum of 2 continuous years (as of the beginning of the mobility) outside the Czech Republic working as a researcher (with FTE of 0.5 and more) or did PhD studies abroad;
- over the past 3 years the candidate has published a minimum of 2 papers (as of the beginning of the mobility) in journals indexed in Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus, ERIH PLUS databases eventually other publication international level (international conferences etc.).
- over the past 3 years, the candidate has experience with practical conservation focused on conservation/restoration of surfaces architectural surfaces, mural paintings or stone artworks.
The successful applicant should not be employed by another university or similar institution as of the commencement date. This requirement may be waived if applied for during the hiring procedure.
Place of work
University of Pardubice, the Faculty of Restoration, Jiráskova 3, 570 01 Litomyšl, Czech Republic
What we offer
- 6-month fixed-term employment
- expected commencement date: September 2022
- full-time work (8 hours/day, working hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
- gross monthly salary: CZK 63,500
- employee benefits: annual leave, contributions for meals
- friendly and informal workplace environment, conducive to research work
The application must contain:
- The application form filled (it is attached)
- A copy of university diploma, or a decision on its recognition
- A certificate on a language exam passed during the studies or a statement of the institution from which the candidate graduated - for English language as a minimum
- A list of publications, especially publications in journals indexed in Web of Science.
- A motivation letter including a description of how the applicant will benefit the receiving institution.
- Research proposal (2000 words in maximum)
- A list and a brief description of research projects (national and international) in which the candidate participated (including the position)
- Other documents evidencing research activities carried out outside the Czech Republic
- List of international stays and their brief description
- A letter of recommendation of the previous supervisor or the head of the department or team where the candidate worked
All of the documents must be submitted in English. A university diploma or a decision on its recognition and a language exam certificate may also be submitted in Czech or Slovak. If an original of a document is not in Czech, Slovak or English, an official translation into one of these languages is required. A certified copy is not required for the purposes of the selection procedure, a printed or an electronic (pdf) one is sufficient.
The application, including the attachments, must sent by 20th July 2022 electronically to email@example.com or to the following address:
Ing. Libuše Cermanová
University of Pardubice
532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
(please state „Neotvírat – výběrové řízení“ (Do not open – selection procedure) on the left side of the envelope)
Timetable of the selection procedure
- Announcement of the call on the website of the University of Pardubice and Euraxess: to 13th July 2022
- Deadline for submitting the required documents: 20th July 2022
- Evaluation: until 3rd August 2022
- Notification of the results and their announcement on the website of the University of Pardubice: by 10th August 2022
Each candidate will be notified in writing and will receive his or her record. The record will also define the appeal procedure and its time schedule. The results of the selection procedure will be published on the website of the University of Pardubice.
Should any appeals arise, they have to be filed within 10 business days after the results were published on the University website. The appeal must be delivered to the contact person at the University of Pardubice within the set time. The appeal will be dealt with within 10 business days after received.
The selection committee will give its opinion on the appeal.
Researcher In The Area Of Partial Differential Equation, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics – Faculty of Science Deadline: 31 Aug 2022 Start date: by agreement Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Bursar of the Faculty ...
Researcher, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics – Faculty of Science Deadline: 26 Jul 2022 Start date: by agreement Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Bursar of the Faculty ...
2 Year Postdoc In Number Theory, Charles University in Prague, Czech, 1 day ago
2-year Postdoc in Number Theory Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University (Prague) invites applications for a postdoctoral position in Number Theory. The position will be funded by Pr...
Postdoc Position On 'Advanced 2 D 3 D Imaging Of Micro Organisms In Sedimentary Stone' (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Postdoc position on 'Advanced 2D-3D imaging of micro-organisms in sedimentary stone' (1.0 FTE) Postdoc position on 'Advanced 2D-3D imaging of micro-organisms in sedimentary stone' (1.0 FTE) Publis...
Researcher In Bioanalytical Toxicology, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Department: Bioanalytical Toxicology – Faculty of Science Deadline: 30 Aug 2022 Start date: dohodou Job type: full-time Job field: Science and research Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk U...
Cybersecurity Researcher, Position For People From Ukraine, MASARYK UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Department: Computer Security Incident Response Team - CSIRT-MU – Institute of Computer Science Deadline: 31 Jul 2022 Start date: upon agreement Job type: full-time | part-time Job field: IS/IT...