This position is part of the Non-Academic Staff Association (NASA).
This position has a term length of one year plus a day and offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed on our Benefits Overview page .
Please note: If you have already applied to competition# S104649173, you are not required to submit another application.
Location: Work primarily takes place at North Campus Edmonton.
Working for the University of Alberta
The University of Alberta acknowledges that we are located on Treaty 6 territory, and respects the histories, languages and cultures of First Nations, Métis, Inuit and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our vibrant community.
The University of Alberta is teeming with change makers, community builders, and world shapers who lead with purpose each and every day. We are home to more than 40,000 students in 200+ undergraduate and 500+ graduate programs, over 13,000 faculty and staff, 260,000 alumni worldwide and have been recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers for over a decade.
Your work will have a meaningful influence on a fascinating cross section of people—from our students and stakeholders, to our renowned researchers and innovators who are quite literally curing diseases, making discoveries and generating solutions that make the world healthier, safer, stronger, and more just.
The Department of Surgery is comprised of 14 divisions and offers programs in undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate studies. The department also includes many research groups who contribute to cutting edge advancements in areas such as transplantation, joint preservation and regeneration, and surgical simulation technology. Since being founded in 1922, the department has been a leader in its field, always striving to achieve a balance between technology and the human element that defines the art of surgery. The overarching mission of the department and its divisions is to restore health through surgical intervention, remembering patient dignity and comfort are integral to overall health. Further information on the University of Alberta and Department of Surgery can be found at www.ualberta.ca/surgery .
The technician is responsible for activities related to supporting development and manufacturing of cell based products at Alberta Cell Manufacturing (ACTM). Such activities include housekeeping roles, executing manufacturing processes and testing of R&D (Research and Development) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) products, as well as providing materials management and clerical support. This position reports to the ACTM GMP Production Lead.
- Perform R&D as well as GMP manufacturing operations while following all applicable GMPs, SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and ACTM policies. Document all records that address all the steps in the manufacturing process.
- Contribute to method development in the R&D and QC (Quality Control) laboratories.
- Write SOPs for equipment used in GMP and R&D production of cell-based products.
- Write and execute equipment validations.
- Perform operational activities Including environmental monitoring, maintenance of the cleanrooms and analysis of environmental monitoring results.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment and verify calibration of equipment.
- Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning, autoclaving, and waste removal.
- Provide materials management support for shipping and receiving, including restocking supplies for cleanrooms.
- Provide clerical support, as needed.
- Support Fill Finish activity as needed.
- GMP document control support.
- Includes working gowned in a cleanroom and occasional respirator use.
- Support other areas of ACTM, as required.
- Technical diploma in life sciences OR 1 year of laboratory experience required. Other education/work experience may be considered.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed operational, analytical and tactical skills.
- Understanding of safety rules, policies and procedures in a lab environment.
- Previous education/experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice facility is preferable.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Technician B Cell Analysis, Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation (Sanquin), Netherlands, 1 day ago
The position: The technician will support a post-doc who will study the modulatory effect of tolDC on human B cells (naïve and memory) in in vitro assays. Since B cell responses in vivocan either ...
Computational Biologist, VIB, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
The Laboratory of Computational Biology (www.aertslab.org ) is part of the KU Leuven Center for Human Genetics and the VIB Center for Brain and Disease Research. We are interested in decoding the ...
Fachbereich Veterinärmedizin Institut Für Veterinär Biochemie Research Assistant (Praedoc) (M/F/D ) With 65% Part Time Job Limited To 3 Years Entgeltgruppe 13 Tv L Fu Reference Code: We03 Sfrp1 Bewerbungsende: 10.04.2023, Free University of Berlin, Germany, about 8 hours ago
Job description: A position for a Research Assistant (PraeDoc) (m/f/d) TV-L13 (65%)) is available in the laboratory of Dr Torsten Stein at the Institute of Veterinary Biochemistry FU-Berlin, Germa...
Analyst Stem Cell Platform, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 16 hours ago
Apply now The Faculty of Science, Leiden Academic Centre for Drug Research (LACDR) is looking for an Analyst - Stem cell platform Project description The Leiden Academic Center for Drug Research (...
Spatial Genomics – Computational Biologist, Centre for Genomic Regulation, Spain, about 6 hours ago
The Institute The Centro Nacional de Análisis Genómico (CNAG-CRG) is one of the largest Genome Sequencing Centers in Europe. CNAG-CRG researchers participate in major International Genomic Initiat...
Bioinformatician/Computer Scientist For Single Cell Multiomic Analysis, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium, about 21 hours ago
The Faculteit Geneeskunde en Farmacie, Department Basis (bio)-medische wetenschappen, is looking for a predoctoral researcher. More concretely your work package contains: The Movahedi lab at the V...