Please refer to the How to Apply for a Job (for External Candidates) job aid for instructions on how to apply.
If you are an active McGill employee (ie: currently in an active contract or position at McGill University), do not apply through this Career Site. Login to your McGill Workday account and apply to this posting using the Find Jobs report (type Find Jobs in the search bar).
Reporting to the Manager Internships and Student Affairs, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and overseeing internship-related process, programs, and special projects for the Faculty of Education’s Internships and Student Affairs (ISA) Office, as well as student affairs services for internship courses, including advising, student records, and registration.
Administer, analyse, supervise and manage the activities, services, programs, and student affairs for the field placements and internships overseen by the ISA Office. Typical functions include:
- Implementing and overseeing administrative procedures and systems in support of the ISA’s internships operations
- Ensure students, supervisors, internship host schools/sites, and government parties receive proper information and direction. Establish and foster effective working relationships with host school/site administration by identifying needs and providing support. Liaise with government officials if required.
- Ensure that student teaching internship practices are in compliance with ISA, University, and government directives and policies.
- Meet with students to review their internship-related records and needs, including accommodation plans co-created with the Office for Students with Disabilities; provide personalized advising to students based on their specific contexts.
- Address issues raised students, supervisors, and internship host schools/sites (e.g. incidents at internship.
- Develop, oversee and organize internship-related events and trainings for students and supervisors.
- Oversee the promotion and administration of internship-related student awards.
- Compile internship-related statistics and data for inclusion in internal and external reports for schools and school boards, including official government reporting
- Represent ISA and provide internship-related expertise at internal and external meetings and working groups
- Assess and resolve administrative problems related to internships and student affairs. When appropriate, inform supervisor and formulate recommendations.
- When needed, provide support to Student Affairs Administrator in the management of their projects and functions.
- Supervise and oversee the work of support staff, including casuals. Assist employees in their training and continued professional development.
Other Qualifying Skills and/or Abilities
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of undergraduate and graduate education at McGill. Detailed knowledge of Quebec school system and experience with fieldwork and internships for students. Demonstrated professionalism in dealing with all levels of staff, students, agencies, government, and the public. Demonstrated organizational, communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities. Proven ability to work independently in problem solving and managing multiple projects. Sound judgment and an ability to perform well under pressure and to meet strict deadlines. Demonstrated ability to take initiative. Demonstrated ability to work in a computerized environment using Microsoft Office suite, Adobe and other software; thorough knowledge of McGill’s Student Information System (Banner/Minerva). Knowledge of McGill’s student teaching management system (STEPS) an asset. English and French, spoken and written.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree 1 Year Related Experience with Bachelor’s Degree / DEC III 3 Years Related Experience with DEC III
(MPEX Grade 03) $52,210.00 - $65,260.00 - $78,310.00
Hours per Week:
33.75 (Full time)
Manager Internships and Student Affairs
Position End Date (If applicable):
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Tropical Herpetofauna Technician Internship, T.R.E.E.S., United States, 8 days ago
AgencyT.R.E.E.S.Location27.5 Hummingbird Highway, BelizeJob CategoryInternshipsSalaryn/aStart Date06/01/2023Last Date to Apply10/01/2023Websitehttps://www.treesociety.org/ DescriptionOverview of I...
Bnlek Community Liaison & Instructor Coordinator, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 19 hours ago
Staff - Non Union Job Category M&P - AAPS Job Profile AAPS Salaried - Student Management, Level B Job Title BNLEK Community Liaison & Instructor Coordinator Department UBCO | Faculty | Department ...
Academic Director & Lecturer Nyu Florence, New York University, United States, 8 days ago
NYU is committed to providing a campus community that reflects and enacts the values of inclusion, diversity, belonging, and equity that inform academic excellence. The Academic Director and Lectu...
Neotropical Bat Capture Techniques Internship, T.R.E.E.S., United States, 8 days ago
AgencyT.R.E.E.S.LocationBelizeJob CategoryInternshipsSalaryn/aStart Date07/01/2023Last Date to Apply10/01/2023Websitehttps://www.treesociety.org/ DescriptionInternships are held at the T.R.E.E.S H...
Job Announcement For An Assistant Professor, Department Of Space Astronomy And Astrophysics (Astrophysics Instrumentation) At Institute Of Space And Astronautical Science, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, Japan, 8 days ago
25 May 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency Department Department of Space Astronomy and Astrophysics, Institute of Space and Astronautical Science(ISAS) Re...
Career Counselor, The Ohio State University, United States, 26 days ago
Details Posted: 06-May-23 Location: Nationwide Salary: Open Internal Number: R74614 With direction from Director, Career Communities, Career Counselors coordinate programs and services that direct...