Updated: 6 days ago
Location: Central Toronto Roselawn, ONTARIO
Deadline: 30 Mar 2020
Faculty / Division: Ancillary Services
: Ancillary Services
: St. George (downtown Toronto)
: About us:
Ancillary Services constantly endeavours to make the University of Toronto experience a great one. Our team is dedicated to providing the highest quality and cost effective solutions to the campus and community. Part of the division of University Operations, Ancillary Services provides all kinds of services to students, faculty and staff that support the University’s academic mission, enhance the community and make campus life a little easier and more pleasant.
The UofT Ancillary Services’ Marketing and Communications is a newly-formed team with a strong focus on brand development and marketing and communications strategies and tactics. The team is highly collaborative with our Ancillary Services partners to ensure the achievement of business objectives. The team is hiring a permanent, full-time Graphic Designer to meet the many and varied design needs of Ancillary Services and all of its business units.
Under general supervision of the Director, Marketing and Communications, the incumbent provides strategic and tactical design support to the Division, creating and producing graphic designs that reinforce the Ancillary Services brand; tackle business objectives, opportunities and challenges; and communicate clearly and effectively with our core target audiences.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating and producing graphic designs that reflect departmental and/or divisional objectives
- Consulting with and advising clients on graphic design
- Liaising with creative professionals and vendors to coordinate production activities
- Designing graphic elements for digital and online media
- Verifying that all marketing/communication collateral adheres to brand identity and University style guides
- Fostering positive relationships with clients
: Essential Qualifications:
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) in Graphic Design, Creative Arts, Media Arts or other disciplines relevant to the position, or acceptable combination of equivalent experience
- Minimum five years professional experience in graphic design.
- Experience performing design processes that require great precision and attention to many details.
- Experience producing promotional and outreach materials.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with suppliers to ensure goods are delivered in a timely manner.
- Experience assessing print and digital materials for consistency of graphic elements and appropriate layout of text.
- Demonstrated experience verifying all approvals and feedback are collected and distributed in a timely manner
- Experience providing art direction for video productions that supports the target objectives of the audience and visual appearance.
- Experience maintaining a digital asset management system.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, empathy, sound judgment and discretion.
- Excellent customer service skills providing detailed information and providing assistance and support to clients/customers.
- Demonstrated ability to tackle multiple overlapping tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, team environment.
- Excellent communications (oral and written) skills.
- Advanced computer skills (Adobe creative software and Microsoft Office).
- Excellent organization and time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver
Notes: A detailed job description is available upon request.
Employee Group: United Steelworkers (USW)
Appointment Type: Budget - Continuing
Pay Scale Group and Hiring Rate: USW Pay Band 12 -- $69,730 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $89,172. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
: Communications / Media / Public Relations
: Mar 16, 2020
: Mar 30, 2020, 11:59:00 PM