Located at Enterprise Square in downtown Edmonton, TEC Edmonton is a joint venture of the University of Alberta and Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) to accelerate Technology, Entrepreneur & Company Development. For further information, please visit www.tecedmonton.com .
Early-stage technology-based companies are a large contributor to the economic vitality of a community. They provide highly skilled employment opportunities, reinvest in research at post- secondary institutions and buy supplies and services locally. However, start-up technology-based companies often require hands-on assistance in bridging the gap between a research and development mind-set and a business perspective. These companies often require assistance in articulating viable business models, developing market entry strategies and business plans, attracting management talent, accessing financial support and networking with the private sector.
TEC Edmonton has an immediate opening for a Business Development Associate specializing in physical sciences and engineering. This position will provide assistance to early-stage companies across a variety of sectors, including but not limited to oil & gas services, chemical & materials, environment & building technologies, measurement & instrumentation, and clean technology. This position will provide support to TEC Edmonton’s Business Development group and to early-stage technology companies, entrepreneurs and inventors by providing detailed market research and analysis, strategic advisory and other business development support. The successful candidate will analyze research findings and develop recommendations based on those findings, as well as potentially play a role in implementing recommendations and supporting clients as they transition from concept to investment- and market-ready companies.
- Collecting and analyzing market, industrial, financial and economic information to assist in the development of appropriate business strategies for technology clients
- Conducting primary in-person and telephone interviews with potential customers, suppliers, competitors and industry experts
- Working with companies to develop optimal commercialization strategies
- Analyzing findings and producing written reports to support research
- Formulating strategic business recommendations
- Assisting clients in developing business plans, marketing plans and investor information packages
- Participating in client meetings to discuss findings and recommendations
- Liaising with funding agencies (public and private) in order to understand their requirements and strategic direction; supporting companies in the preparation of presentation to funding agencies
- Undergraduate degree in physical sciences, engineering, computer sciences or business; MBA preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- 2-4 years of experience in market analysis or industry would be beneficial; relevant experience in business, physical sciences, engineering, web-based, software and mobile technology sectors would be an asset
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and be well organized
- Demonstrated ability to act decisively and work with a variety of teams and clients
In accordance with the Sessional and Other Temporary Staff agreement, this position has an initial appointment of one year, with the possibility of renewal, offers a comprehensive benefits package found at www.hrs.ualberta.ca and annual salary commensurate with education and experience.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume, and arrangements made for three confidential letters of reference to be provided upon request. Although this position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, please submit your application by September 8, 2017.
Note: Online applications are accepted until midnight Mountain Standard Time of the closing date.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If suitable Canadian citizens or permanent residents cannot be found, other individuals will be considered.
The University of Alberta is committed to an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We encourage women; First Nations, Métis and Inuit persons; members of visible minority groups; persons with disabilities; persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression; and all those who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the University to apply.
Production Facilities Specialist For Research Portfolio – Five Hours/Week, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 8 days ago
Apply no later than 14 March 2018 Apply for the job at Centre for Oil and Gas - DTU by completing the following form. Apply online Do you have solid experience with Development tasks in the E&P bu...
Associate, Strategy And Business Development Uab Health System, University of Alabama at Birmingham, United States, about 6 hours ago
ASSOCIATE, STRATEGY AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT UAB Health System - (UAB00040) Description Supports the planning office efforts in development and documentation of enterprise-wide strategic initiativ...
Postdoc Or Research Assistant Positions Within The Area Of Rock Mechanics Radial Water Jet Drilling, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 19 hours ago
Apply no later than 30 March 2018 Apply for the job at Centre for Oil and Gas - DTU by completing the following form. Apply online The Danish Hydrocarbon Research and Technology Centre (Centre for...
Innovation Manager In The Field Of Technology Enhanced Active And Healthy Living, KU Leuven, Belgium, 23 days ago
Economics › Administrative sciences Economics › Agricultural economics Economics › Applied economics Economics › Banking Economics › Business economics Economics › Cadastral survey Economics › Com...
Postdoctoral Business Development Virtici, University of Washington, United States, about 21 hours ago
Description: Virtici Postdoctoral Business Development Job Description Virtici is seeking a Postdoctoral Business Development Fellow with a strong interest in enabling therapeutic product developm...
Researcher Data Scientist, Nommon Solutions and Technologies SL, Spain, 8 days ago
Context and background: Nommon (www.nommon.es ) is a research-intensive technology company that provides decision support tools and consulting services for organisational intelligence and policy a...