→ Apply before 04/08/2021 23:59 (Brussels Time)
→ Faculty of Engineering and Architecture
→ Department: EA06 - Elektronica en Informatiesystemen
→ Occupancy rate: 100%
→ Number of positions: 1.00
→ Type of employment: Contract of limited duration
→ Term of assignment:
→ Wage scale: WM1 to WM4 (master degree)
→ Required diploma: Master
ABOUT GHENT UNIVERSITY
Ghent University is a world of its own. Employing more than 8,000 people, it is actively involved in education and research, management and administration, as well as technical and social service provision on a daily basis. It is one of the largest, most exciting employers in the area and offers great career opportunities. With its 11 faculties and more than 80 departments offering state-of-the-art study programmes grounded in research in a wide range of academic fields, Ghent University is a logical choice for its staff and students.
To support our students internationally and to scale our pre-acceleration track – Expedition DO! – internationally, we have recently joined a European Consortium for universities named EUAccell (financed by EIT Urban Mobility). Forces joined, we want to support the launch of startups by:
We are looking for a Project Officer International Entrepreneurship, who will represent us in this international network, and fulfill 3 complementary roles:
- project manager for DO! Ghent University
- incubation consultant / coach
- business developer
These roles make you:
- the Ghent University representative for the implementation of the project within our university (linked to education and research). At the same time you are the point of contact for the European Consortium and the stakeholders linked to it.
- responsible for analysing the content linked to the startup programmes of the various partners and responsible for putting together a shared prepatory programme (short online intake track) for newly founded startup teams, in collaboration with the consortium partner from Munich.
- responsible for working on the optimisation of processes between different international stakeholders, as well as develop a sustainable business model for this consortium
- responsible for attracting paying Belgian business partners / investors linked to the EIT themes and responsible for developing an international co-creation event. The goal of this event is to connect all startups to these business partners / investors.
- responsible for guiding / mentoring international startup teams, to link these teams to Expedition DO! and follow them up, to link them to partners, experts and / or talents and similar incubators of the partner universities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You have:
- a master’s degree
- good knowledge of Dutch as well as English, written as well as spoken
- an entrepreneurial mindset, you know how to take charge, you work in a result and service oriented manner
- commercial experience
- experience in project coordination and / or business development
- experience in business coaching
- experience in international collaborations
- an affinity with startups, incubation, acceleration en co-creation
- You can:
- plan and execute a project in an independent manner or with limited guidance. At the same time you respect deadlines and objectives.
- independently collect information, analyse and summarise it
- independently develop a plan of action and execute it
- function well in team and interact well with people
- work well with the most common software programmes and social media
- collaborate well and remotely with international contacts
- take initiative and make decisions
- You are:
- a strong networker and you can communicate well with students as well as professors and business contacts. You can connect people and organisations like no other.
- good in organising events and can work on a deadline.
- prepared to travel (in a limited capacity)
- Experience, interest or training in the following domains are a plus:
- event management and planning
- support/coaching of startups
- urban mobility or manufactoring
- Swift availability is a plus
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- We offer you a contract of definite duration for the period from 16 August 2021 until 30 June 2023
- Your contract will start on 16/08/2021 at the earliest.
- Your remuneration will be determined by salary scale WM1 to WM4 (if you hold a Master’s degree) or salary scale PD1 to PD4 (if you hold a doctorate). Click here for more information about our salary scales .
- All Ghent University staff members enjoy a number of benefits, such as a wide range of training and education opportunities, 35 days of holiday leave (on an annual basis for a full-time job) supplemented by annual fixed bridge days, bicycle allowance and eco vouchers. Click here for a complete overview of all the staff benefits (in Dutch).
Apply online through the e-recruitment system before the application deadline (see above). We do not accept late applications or applications that are not submitted through the online system.
Your application must include the following documents:
- In the field ‘CV’: your CV and an overview of your study results (merged into one pdf file)
- In the field ‘Cover letter’: your application letter in pdf format
- In the field ‘Diploma’: a transcript of the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- In the field “other documents”: a reference letter, an overview of your study results, …
Note that the maximum file size for each field is 10 MB.
As Ghent University maintains an equal opportunities and diversity policy, everyone is encouraged to apply for this position.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact DO! Ghent University Coordinator Steve Stevens (Steve.Stevens@UGent.be , +32(0)486 41 30 46). Important: do NOT send your application by email, but apply online.
For more general information: www.durfondernemen.be and https://eit.europa.eu/news-events/news/23-pilot-projects-selected-eit-unlock-higher-educations-innovation-potential-europe
Do you have a question? Please read our FAQ regarding the online application process.
Science Director Research Professor For The Vib U Gent Plant Systems Biology Research Center (Psb), VIB, Belgium, about 18 hours ago
VIB and Ghent University are launching an international search for a Science Director - Research Professor for the VIB- Ghent University Plant Systems Biology Research Cent...
Tech Transfer Internship Program, VIB, Belgium, about 18 hours ago
Description As an entrepreneurial research institute, VIB’s mission is to translate scientific breakthroughs into applications for the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and agricultural industries. V...
Startup Coach, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
Can you help DTU create more startups? DTU Skylab is looking for a person to develop and run an effort to engage more of the researchers and students at DTU in entrepreneurship. There is a huge po...
Business Management Consultant, Washington State University, Worldwide, about 11 hours ago
Title: 1195-NN - Associate Business Management Counselor Business Title: Business Management Consultant Location: Employee Type: Admin. Professional (+) (Fixed Term) Job Family: Administrative Pro...
Program Manager Jads Den Bosch, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, about 22 hours ago
We do cool stuff that matters, with data. The Jheronimus Academy of Data Science (JADS) is a unique cooperation between Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) and Tilburg University (TiU). At J...
Student Assistants For Social Entrepreneurship Education Projects At The Department Of Management, Society And Communication At Copenhagen Business School, Copenhagen Business School , CBS, Denmark, about 4 hours ago
The Depart of Management, Society and Communication (MSC) at CBS are looking to hire several student assistants for social entrepreneurship education projects. As a student assistant, you will be ...