Department: Molecular Imaging – Pathology – Radiotherapy – Oncology
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking, European university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. We are one of the largest, most international and most innovative employers in the region. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Through top scientific research, we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Center for Oncological Research in the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences has the following full-time (100%) vacancy: principal research fellow in the field of experimental oncology.
As a principal research fellow, you will be part of the Academic Assistant Staff (Dutch: Assisterend Academisch Personeel, AAP). You will spend at least 50% of your working time on academic research. In addition, you will actively contribute to education and service activities.
- You will carry out high-quality academic research in experimental oncology in relevant fundamental and preclinical models, more specifically on the development of novel immunotherapeutic and/or targeted combination therapies.
- You will develop new research projects according to the strategic plan of the Center for Oncological Research (www.uantwerpen.be/core).
- You will report on the results of your research and produce academic publications in high impact scientific journals.
- You will assist in the coordination of ongoing research projects and the activities of the research group. This includes lab management and administrative tasks.
- You will contribute to attracting national and international research funding.
- You will supervise PhD students in the preparation of their PhD theses.
- You will provide support with teaching and also teach high-quality academic classes yourself, depending on the needs as discussed with the professors.
- You will inform and supervise Bachelor and Master students according to the needs of the group.
- Your teaching role will evolve along with the study programmes.
- You will play an active role in the academic and societal service provision of the Center for Oncological Research. You will amongst others assist in student recruitment, serve on boards and committees and actively participate in science communication and patient participation.
- You hold a PhD in bio(medical) sciences or a related discipline or you will have obtained it by the time you start work.
- Your research qualities are in line with the faculty and university research policies . You have relevant and demonstrable research experience in the field of experimental oncology. (Inter)national research contacts and collaborations are an asset.
- Experience with preclinical development of immunotherapeutic and/or targeted combination strategies, molecular techniques, advanced imaging techniques, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry is a strong asset.
- Your teaching competences are in line with the University of Antwerp’s educational vision .
- If you do not speak Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a programme component coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members through an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations .
- You are able to carry out your work and achieve your objectives with a high degree of independence.
- You are motivated to work actively on your further professional development. In this, you can make use of a wide range of training courses and professionalisation opportunities .
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You are highly driven, pro-active and you have excellent communication and writing skills.
What we offer
- We offer an appointment as a principal research fellow for a period of three years. Following a positive evaluation, the appointment can be renewed once.
- Your gross monthly salary is calculated according to the pay scale for a principal research fellow (Academic Assistant Staff, AAP).
- You will receive ecocheques, Internet-connectivity allowance and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- The planned start date is 1 February 2023 or as soon as possible after that date.
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Click here to find out more about working at the University of Antwerp and the related benefits.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including 29 August 2022 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: your motivation letter and your academic CV. Your candidacy must include a description of your research expertise and a research plan for 3 years (in English, guideline 3 pages).
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com . If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. Evelien Smits (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Prof. Dr. Filip Lardon (email@example.com ).
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.
Postdoctoral Researcher On Sustainable Global Economic Law (Sgel), University of Amsterdam (UvA), Netherlands, 9 days ago
Are you? A curious and creative researcher with a background in international public law, EU law or transnational private law, conducting innovative, socially important research on law, globalizat...
Postdoc Position: Computational Genomics Of Alzheimer’s Disease, VIB, Belgium, about 5 hours ago
The Sleegers lab (Complex Genetics of Alzheimer’s Disease) at the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology , Belgium, is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to work in the field of ...
Postdoc Researcher, Erasmus MC (University Medical Center Rotterdam), Netherlands, 27 days ago
Postdoc researcher Postdoc researcher Published Deadline Location today 14 Sep Rotterdam Job description Are you interested in contributing to a dynamic group of (medical) physicists, engineers, r...
8 Postdoctoral Fellows In Stochastics And Algorithmics (Cofund) , University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 5 days ago
The research project NETWORKS is looking for 8 international postdoctoral fellows in mathematics, computer science and quantum computing. Are you interested in the stochastics and algorithmics beh...
Post Doctoral Assistant (24713) Department Of Internal Medicine And Pediatrics, Ghent University, Belgium, 21 days ago
→ Apply until 04/10/2022 (DD/MM/YYYY) 23:59 (Brussels time) → Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences → Department GE35 - Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics → AAP temporary app...
Two Ph D Candidates And One Student Research Assistant For The Nwo Project ‘Church And Slavery In The Dutch Empire: History, ..., Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU), Netherlands, 19 days ago
Two PhD Candidates and one Student Research Assistant for the NWO-project ‘Church and Slavery in the Dutch Empire: History, ... Two PhD Candidates and one Student Research Assistant for the NWO-pr...