The Laboratory of Computational Biology (Stein Aerts lab) at VIB-KU Leuven is seeking a postdoc to join our efforts in deciphering the genomic regulatory code underlying cellular identity, with a focus on the brain.
- You will develop new AI strategies to learn the genome syntax using large-scale single-cell multi-ome atlases as training data
- You will unravel the diversity of neuronal cell types in the brain of various species (octopus, birds, mammals) through machine-learning & comparative genomics
- You will work very closely together with our wet-lab for data generation and experimental validations
- You will use your AI models to generate synthetic enhancers with new functions, and to functionally interpret non-coding genome variation (health and disease).
Recent scientific contributions from the lab include new bioinformatics methods for the analysis of single-cell gene regulatory networks, namely SCENIC and cisTopic; new experimental assays for single-cell ATAC-seq (HyDrop) and for massively parallel enhancer reporter assays; deep learning implementations for enhancer modelling (DeepMEL & DeepFlyBrain); and the generation of multiple single-cell atlases of the fly brain and the fly cell atlas.
Check out recent publications:
- Janssens, Aibar & Taskiran, Nature 2022
- Li & Janssens, Science 2022
- Davie & Janssens, Cell 2018
- Aibar et al., Nat Methods 2017
- Bravo et al., Nat Methods 2019
For all our publications, see http://www.aertslab.org/#publications ">www.aertslab.org/#publications .
- You obtained a PhD degree in Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Bio-engineering, or equivalent.
- Proficient in Python programming
- Experience with machine learning is a plus (e.g., Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch)
- Experience with explainable AI (e.g., SHAP) is a plus
- Experience with high performance computing, software containers
- Experience with single-cell genomics is a plus, but not absolutely essential
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Access to state-of-the-art compute & GPU infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- You can be a driving force in a new EOS consortium across three Belgian Universities
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fully funded postdoc position for 3 years, but encouraged to apply for an international fellowship (e.g., EMBO, Marie Curie, FWO, HFSP, ..).
- Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, two reference letters, and a motivation letter.
For more information: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Hi Wi/Student Researcher In Bioinformatics (Single Cell Genomics) , Technical University of Munich, Germany, about 12 hours ago
14.09.2022, Wissenschaftliches Personal Single cell genomics is revolutionizing biology and medicine. Rapid technological advances now allow the profiling of genomes, transcriptomes and epigenomes...
Genomics/Cancer Therapeutics, Post Doctoral Fellow,, KHALIFA UNIVERSITY, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Description Job Purpose To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission o...
Postdoc Position(S) Available In The Organoid Models Of Regeneration And Disease , ShanghaiTech University ;, China, 23 days ago
ShanghaiTech University - Lab at the iHuman Institute The newly launched ‘Organoid Models of Regeneration and Disease’ lab at iHuman Institute, ShanghaiTech University is actively seeking highly m...
Postdoctoral Researcher Gene And Cell Therapy , University of Zurich, Switzerland, about 13 hours ago
Institute for Regenerative Medicine - IREM Postdoctoral Researcher - Gene and Cell Therapy 100 % The Institute for Regenerative Medicine (IREM) is a research institute of the University of Zurich l...
Postdoctoral Position In Bio Informatics, VIB, Belgium, about 10 hours ago
Postdoctoral position in Bio-Informatics to unravel the transcriptional dynamics of lymph node metastase The MetaNiche team is looking for a highly motivated and skilled computational scientist/ b...
Research Assistant Position In Stem Cells And Erythropoiesis In Mds, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 1 day ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? We are recruiting a research assistant to provide support to the Hellström-Lindberg group . The group research focus is on cellular and m...