Applications are invited to join an exciting research program within the VIB Center for Cancer Biology (https://ccb.sites.vib.be/en ) led by the two directors D Lambrechts and JC Marine. The research will explore the molecular mechanisms of intra-tumour heterogeneity to provide insights into cell fate decisions, malignant stem cell renewal, treatment response, and resistance in cancer.
The position will involve the analysis of spatial Omics (including multiplex proteomics and transcriptomics data) through the application of best-practice bioinformatics workflows and the development of innovative methods as required. The position will require a highly motivated bioinformatician or computational biologist to provide support for a variety of “spatial projects” that build on innovative methods including multiplex imaging using technologies such as AKOYA/CODEX, RNAscope and multiplex RNA-FISH. The role will also include the integration of a range of next-generation sequencing data, including scRNA-seq, scATAC-seq with the spatial Omics data. The role requires competency in programming languages such as Python and/or R and will involve working on a high-performance computing cluster. The individual will collaborate very closely with other bioinformaticians, and cancer cell and molecular biologists to work on joint initiatives.
The position will be in a research environment that includes a large and interactive group of bioinformaticians and computational biologists embedded in the Lambrechts and Marine labs. The position will be initially for a fixed term of 12 months with the opportunity to extend. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Masters in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science, Genetics or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge in Python and/or R
- Solid grasp of statistics
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexibility and ability to develop new skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- High-quality written and oral communication skills
- Experience in the analysis of spatial proteomics and transcriptomics data
- Use of high-performance computing clusters
- Knowledge of cancer biology
- Duration: full-time contract of one year with the possibility for extensions.
- (Early) access to state-of-the-art technologies.
- A stimulating (international, multidisciplinary) research environment where quality, professionalism, and team spirit are encouraged.
- The ability to work on scientifically exceptional and high-impact, state-of-the-art projects.
- The opportunity to be part of a young and dynamic team and to provide a meaningful contribution to genetic and oncological research.
- The University of Leuven is one of the most innovative universities in Europe. Leuven is located 20 min. from Brussels, in the center of Europe
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Applicants to this role should provide a cover letter outlining relative key skills and experience to assist us with our assessment.
For further information about this opportunity, please contact Jeroen Declercq, firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Laboratory Technician, VIB, Belgium, 2 days ago
The laboratory of Angiogenesis and Vascular Metabolism headed by Prof. Peter Carmeliet is one of the laboratories of the Center for Cancer Biology (VIB-KU Leuven CCB), a research department of VIB...
Lab Technician To Support The Single Cell And Flow Cytometry Platforms At Vib U Antwerp, VIB, Belgium, 2 days ago
About VIB The VIB-UAntwerp Center of Molecular Neurology (VIB-CMN) is part of VIB, a Life Sciences institute with researchers in neuroscience, cancer, biotechnology, structural biology, and immuno...
Postdoctoral Scientist (Immuno Oncology), Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 4 days ago
(ref. BAP-2023-48) Laatst aangepast : 24/01/2023 Broad Research Topic: Designing and valorising next-generation immunotherapy solutions for immuno-resistant tumours to pave way for near future cli...
Laboratory Engineer In Precision Cancer Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 2 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? You will be a part of the Kallioniemi research group. Our goal is to develop a precision cancer medicine, to better match targeted therap...
Bioinformatician Translational Leukemia/Proteomics Bioinformatics, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 2 days ago
Do you want to contribute to top quality medical research? The bioinformatics work will be conducted in the Cancer proteomics Mass spectrometry research group headed by Professor Janne Lehtiö at S...
Principal Research Engineer In Cell Biology, Linköping University, Sweden, about 3 hours ago
Skilled and committed employees are a crucial factor in the success of Linköping University. And we need more of them. Our core expertise comes from teachers and researchers, but a successful univ...