Job reference: 785631
Theme 4 Co-Lead - Personal and Professional Development
Curtin Medical School
Established in 2017, the Curtin Medical School, which is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences, brings together multidisciplinary teaching and research expertise, and leads the only undergraduate medical degree in Western Australia. Curtin Medical School is committed to producing graduates who are better equipped to meet community needs, with primary care expertise, strong leadership skills and the ability to operate effectively in interprofessional care teams.
This role responsible for planning and implementing the vertical integration of the Curriculum Theme for Professional and Personal Development across the five years of the MBBS course.
In this role you will….
- Plan and implement the vertical integration of the Curriculum Theme for Professional and Personal Development (which includes the domains of professionalism, leadership, law, ethics, interprofessional education, self care and lifelong learning) across the five years of the MBBS course.
- Coordinate input from appropriate experts to ensure Theme curriculum is contemporary and appropriate to the needs of the medical course.
- Arrange appropriate teaching sessions, activities and sessional/invited educators related to the Theme, in consultation with Year Coordinators and Course Coordinator.
- Write curriculum documents mapping the integration of the Theme, and ensure MBBS course documentation reflects the Theme appropriately, as directed by the Director of Learning and Teaching.
- Design and contribute to formative and summative assessments for the Theme, in consultation with educators teaching in the Theme, and Year Coordinators, as directed by the Director of Learning and Teaching.
- Ensure MBBS Professional Behaviour and Registration Panels and related processes function appropriately, with excellent record keeping.
- Support external accreditation activities and write reports related to the Theme learning, teaching and assessment.
Curtin Medical School and the Faculty of Health Sciences offers an exciting career path including:
- The opportunity to be part of a state of the art Medical School that is ranking #1 for teaching quality, learner engagement, learning resources and student support according to the 2021 Good Universities Guide. Curtin University is also the top WA University for overall experience and skills development.
- Innovative work that will make real-world health differences
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners
- Support and develop our future doctors.
For more details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
We are looking for someone with…
- A degree in Medicine with APHRA registration
- PhD or Clinical Fellowship
- Experience coordinating a domain within the Theme for a medical course or equivalent education leadership relevant to the Theme
- Experience and well-developed understanding of educational practice
Please apply on-line with a cover letter and curriculum vitae to enable us to assess your suitability for the role. If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the recruitment process please advise in your cover letter.
To view a copy of the role’s Position Description, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
Applications close: 9.00pm AWST Friday 15th October 2021
If you have a query in relation to the application process please contact our careers team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively for any queries relating to the specifics of the role please contract Prof Graeme Maguire, Associate Dean, Discipline of Medicine, Curtin Medical School (email@example.com)
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time. We reserve the right to remove the advert earlier than the date on the advert.
Lecturer (Criminology), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
$72,650 to $97,389 (ALEVA) or $102,253 to $120,814 (ALEVB) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Open to those with relevant work rights LECTURER (CRIMINOLOGY) SCHOOL OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES $72,650 – $97,...
Software Research Engineer (Data Intensive Astronomy), The University of Western Australia, Australia, 1 day ago
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research (ICRAR) Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years Salary range: Level 6 or 7: $83,005.00 - $100,814.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation The Univer...
Lecturer (Performing Arts), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB) Ongoing, Full-Time, Mount Lawley Campus Open to applicants with the relevant working rights WESTERN AUSTRALIAN ACADEMY OF PERFORMING ARTS $102,253 to $120,814 pa (A...
Ecu Fuji Xerox Higher Degree By Research Excellence Scholarship 2021, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 12 hours ago
At a glance Scholarship recipients will receive a one off payment of $5,000 to support general living costs during their study. Students may apply if they are already receiving an HDR scholarship/...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Midwifery), Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (ALEVB) OR $124,522 to $143,081 pa (ALEVC) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with the relevant working rights SCHOOL OF NURSING AND MIDWIFERY JOONDALU...
Senior Lecturer/Lecturer English Secondary Education, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (Level B) / $124,522 to $143,081 pa (Level C) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup, Mount Lawley & South West Campuses Open to candidates with the relevant working rights SCHOOL O...