Work type:full time
Categories:Student Administration / Support Services, Technical/Laboratory support, Teaching support and design
School of Humanities / School of Social Sciences / Conservatorium of Music
- Full-time (1.0 FTE), fixed-term appointment for 7 months
- Salary range: Level 4; $67,294 - $71,483 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Technical team is responsible for the safe delivery of technical services and support for teaching and research to the academic The team provides a wide array of specific technical support and is responsible for the development and implementation of safe systems of work in laboratory spaces.
The Digital Technical team takes a highly skilled, flexible and proactive approach to providing learning technology support for students enrolled in units offered by the Schools of Humanities, Music and social Sciences. The team co-ordinates electronic music and digital media projects, focussing on online content management and customisation.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will, under direction, provide a high level of technical support in the integration of digital and interactive learning experiences for students.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Diploma or technical qualifications in relevant area or equivalent professional expertise
- Relevant experience working in or with the digital media industry
- Proficiency in a range of digital and electronic equipment
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including Power Point, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, internet and email
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with students and staff
- Well-developed organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as make a positive contribution to a dynamic team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with both academic and professional staff
You will have experience troubleshooting complex digital media enquiries with a wide range of equipment and software, a passion for enhancing the student experience and desirably have proficiency in the following:
- Maintaining and managing a large number of assets in an online booking system
- Experience instructing users in the use of digital film and recording equipment including cameras, audio gear, lighting and recording studios
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications including Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Audition, InDesign and After Effects
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying: Position Description - Technician (Digital).pdf
You are required to address the selection criteria in your submission in a separate document. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria
Closing date: 11:55pm on Tuesday, 13 July 2021
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised:29 Jun 2021 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:13 Jul 2021 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Senior Av Systems Engineer, Curtin University, Australia, 15 days ago
Job Reference: 778768 Digital & Technology Solutions (DTS) Curtin is Western Australia’s largest university, with a global presence, it aims to transform lives and communities through education an...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Actuarial Science, Curtin University, Australia, 11 days ago
Reference Number: 753265 School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences (EECMS) The School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences comprises the quant...
Associate Professor Or Professor Optimisation, Curtin University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Job Reference: 780919 School of Electrical Engineering, Computing, and Mathematical Sciences The School of Electrical Engineering, Computing, and Mathematical Sciences at Curtin University brings ...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Professional Psychology, Curtin University, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Job Reference: 786969 Permanent AND Full time or part time (a total of 2.2FTE is available) 103,101 – 144,971 range (ALB/C) plus 17% superannuation Inclusion and Diversity at Curtin We are committ...
Lecturer Chemical Engineering, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (Level B) Ongoing, Full-time, Joondalup Campus Open to candidates with relevant work rights QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY LECTURER (LEVEL B) ...
Lecturer (Civil Engineering) Female Candidates Only, Edith Cowan University, Australia, about 22 hours ago
$102,253 to $120,814 pa (LEVEL B) Full-time (part-time considered), ongoing, Joondalup campus Open to candidates with either permanent residency or Australian citizenship. LECTURER (LEVEL B) IN CI...