Apply now Job no:515482
Location:Other - Regional Victoria
- Based in the Grampians Region
- Part-time (0.2-0.3), Continuing
- Level C $122,950 + 17% Superannuation
Deakin’s Faculty of Health is recognised in Australia and internationally for its teaching, training, research and service to its communities. Working as part of the School of Medicine, the Regional Academic Coordinator is an academic role within the Rural Community Clinical School (RCCS), a Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship program. The RCCS currently has nine clinical sites in southwest Victoria and the Grampians region, in which up to twenty students are placed each year. The appointee will provide regional academic oversight for the planning and delivery of the clinical teaching program to students undertaking placement in the Grampians region (Ararat, Stawell and Horsham) during study for the Doctor of Medicine (MD).
The School of Medicine offers a 4-year graduate entry medical course; students are based at the Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus for the first two years of the course. In year 3 students move to commence their clinical training at one of five clinical schools: Geelong, Ballarat, Warrnambool, Eastern Health or the Rural Community Clinical School (RCCS). Students in the RCCS undertake a 12-month Longitudinal Integrated Clerkship (LIC) program, during which they study all the year 3 disciplines in an integrated way, in the context of rural primary care.
The appointee will work closely with members of the RCCS team, including academic, research and professional staff. There will be regular contact with other staff within the School of Medicine at Waurn Ponds, at other clinical Schools, and at clinical placement sites. The appointee will also interact with regional community, professional and industry organisations.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the planning, delivery and evaluation of the RCCS teaching program in the Grampians region, ensuring the program is of high quality and delivered according to best practice teaching and learning principles
- Make a significant contribution to the direct teaching of RCCS students, through regular regional clinical tutorials, online tutorials and clinical skills and simulation sessions
- Identify opportunities to extend regional clinical training to include final year medicine students, incorporating innovative learning opportunities
- Oversee the learning activities of all Deakin medical students in their region to ensure an appropriate range of clinical experience aligned with the curriculum
- Assist with assessment processes by contributing to the planning, delivery and review of student assessment tasks
- Assist with recruitment, training and development of RCCS regional clinical teachers
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with professional and clinical staff at regional clinical teaching sites, other clinical schools and within the School of Medicine
- Promoting and supporting interprofessional teaching and learning
- Contribute to the publication of high-quality research in national journals of high repute
- Develop strong relationships with research, community, industry and government for enhanced teaching and research outcomes
To be successful, you’ll have:
- A medical degree and current registration with AHPRA
- Experience in clinical practice, preferably in rural or regional Australia
- Advanced qualifications and experience in a relevant medical discipline area
- Clinical role in a practice or health service within the Grampians region (Horsham, Ararat, Stawell and surrounds)
- Excellent record of scholarly learning and teaching in UG and/or PG programs
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs and interests of rural and regional Australia, and of the problems confronting the health practitioners working in these communities
- Expertise in building and maintaining effective working relationships with students, clinical teaching and broader University staff and other external stakeholders including the development of University-Health Service relations
- Advanced qualifications in Medical Education *desirable
- Nationally recognised research reputation underpinned by publications in quality journals and/or exhibitions and/or success in obtaining external research grants *desirable
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
Position Description - Regional Academic Coordinator, Grampians - 515482.pdf
Applications for this position close on Sunday 7th November.
- This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details)
- There is an inherent travel requirement for this role
Please submit your resume, a short cover letter and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Associate Professor Lara Fuller, Director, Rural Community Clinical School, at email@example.com
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.
Advertised:30 Sep 2021 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close:07 Nov 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Cleaner, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
opportunity for a part time casual Cleaning Assistant at the Broken Hill Rural Clinical School until June 2022 Contribute to the success of the school’s programs ensuring facilities are well maint...
Lecturer (Clinical Education) Or Lecturer (Teaching And Research), University of Sydney, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Part time (0.6FTE) fixed term until 31 December 2024 Education focused or teaching and research focused role in Clinical Exercise Physiology Base Salary $110,856 + 17% superannuation About the opp...
Technical Analyst Digital Systems & Data Management, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Exciting entry level academic roles within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health and Social and Emotional Wellbeing Located at the Sydney School of Public Health within the Camperdown Campu...
Supervising Psychologist, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Apply now Job no:504042 Work type:Part-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Laboratory Technician One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities Vibrant campus life with a strong sens...
Project Officer, Macquarie University, Australia, about 4 hours ago
PRIMARY DETAIL Exciting opportunity for a Project Officer to manage and contribute to the development and implementation of Macquarie University Hearing specific projects. THE ROLE Salary Package:...
Senior Lecturer – General Practice, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 12 hours ago
Apply now Job no:503790 Work type:Full-time, Part-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Senior Lecturer Senior Lecturer – General Practice UNSW Sydney is globally recognised for making an impact an...