Apply now Job no:509222
Categories:Administration, Information Technology
- Flexible location Waurn Pounds or Burwood Campus
- Full-time (36.75 hours per week), ongoing
- HEW 5 $70,410 + 17% Superannuation
As the Digital Learning Support Officer, you will be working collaboratively with the team to continue to develop and deliver digital administrative support to the Faculty academics ‘ using the online learning environment.
Reporting to the Digital Technologies Coordinator, you will provide specialist professional support for the Learning Management System (LMS), system integrations, and other related educational technology services at the University.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Provide responsive first-level administrative and technical support for academic staff in the Faculty regarding the efficient operation of the online learning environment including the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Prepare and customise CloudDeakin unit sites prior to the commencement of each trimester, ensuring consistency across the Faculty and University, and accuracy and relevance of online materials.
- Provide assistance for academic staff in the use of digital learning technologies and tools.
- Support academic staff by providing design assistance to aid them in structuring a well-organised and effective online learning environment.
- Assist academic staff to set up online grading tools such as assignment folders, quizzes, rubrics and GradeMark.
- Contribute to, and initiate continuous improvement activities to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of services and processes.
- Any other duties as directed, commensurate with the scope and classification of the position.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- An undergraduate degree with subsequent relevant work experience or a combination of considerable relevant experience, in contemporary educational design and digital learning applications in higher education.
- Experience in providing responsive first-level administrative and technical support and training regarding the efficient operation of digital tools and software and where needed, determine appropriate referral and escalation to assist with the resolution process to ensure satisfactory outcomes.
- Experience in providing digital administrative support in a team environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in the selection and use of a variety of digital solutions and tools in the context of delivering online teaching and learning material.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and exercising self-direction using initiative and operating with little supervision as well as being part of a cross-campus team within a complex and diverse working environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, client service and communication skills, with the ability to gain the cooperation and assistance of others in meeting task objectives and to develop collaborative work teams and communication channels.
- Proven experience in using communication and collaboration tools such as Microsoft 365 and Outlook with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, particularly in the context of providing online support.
- Desirable: Familiarity with the tools and software components of Deakin’s Online Learning Environment, including; CloudDeakin/BrightSpace, Turnitin, H5P, Mediasite, and/or other contemporary software currently used in digital education.
For a copy of the position description, please see below:
PD Digital Learning Support Officer.pdf
Applications for this position close on 14 April 2021.
Please submit your updated resume and a cover letter. In the cover letter (maximum two pages), please explain your interest in and suitability for the role, including examples demonstrating capability, your skills and your aspirations for the position.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Cate Oke, Coordinator, Digital Learning Technologies on 5227 8194 or email@example.com.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Are You Ready?
Deakin is a Victorian university with a global impact. We are an agile, dynamic and innovative university committed to making a positive impact through our excellence in education, research and innovation and the contributions we make to the wider community.
We understand that our reputation has been built on the dedication and expertise of our staff and we offer a dynamic and diverse working environment with opportunities to grow and develop careers. We believe that a progressive, thriving culture will ensure that people choose to come, and stay at Deakin and contribute to our ongoing success.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
Assistant Professor Of Digital Media And Cultural Heritage, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 6 days ago
The Department of Media Studies is looking for an Assistant Professor of Digital Media and Cultural Heritage. What are you going to do? You will provide education in a dynamic context with ample o...
Assessment Technologist , The University of Law ;, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Location: Multiple Locations Available Package: We offer an excellent range of competitive benefits, to include:- 30 days annual leave / Private Medical Scheme / Contributory Pension / Life Assura...
Product Owner Online Learning Environment, Wageningen University & Research, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Wageningen University & Research Wageningen University and Research centre Delivering a substantial contribution to the quality of life. That's our focus - each and every day. Within our domain, h...
Assistant Professor In Critical Data Studies, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 6 days ago
The Department of Media Studies is looking for an Assistant Professor in Critical Data Studies. What are you going to do? You will join the Department of Media Studies and provide education in a d...
Assistant Professor In Digital Media Culture, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands, 3 days ago
The Department of Media Studies is looking for an Assistant Professor in Digital Media Culture. What are you going to do? You will join the Department of Media Studies and provide education in a d...
Associate Dean, Undergraduate Programs, University of Alberta, Canada, about 12 hours ago
We are seeking an experienced teacher, researcher and administrator to take on the Associate Dean Undergraduate Programs role with the Faculty of Nursing. The Associate Dean Undergraduate Programs...