Work type:full time
- Join us in building and deploying a modern dynamic network at UWA using newly acquired equipment. Be part of a dynamic and motivated team delivering real outcomes.
- Full-time, fixed term appointment until 31 December 2023
- Salary range: Level 8 ($103,364 – $112,981) p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
UWA is making significant investments in the Information and Technology Services to enable its strategic direction and goals. UWA is also looking to utilise technology advancements to expand its services and create new and innovative teaching and research models.
The redesign of the Infrastructure and Platform Services unit aims to deliver design and operational services through a portfolio comprised of a Network and Platform section and an End User Compute section.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will operate independently and provide support to the Manager (Connected Campus) in network and communications services development and design, the implementation of best practices, project planning, and networks and communications maintenance and support.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent competency
- ITIL Certification or demonstrated experience in ITIL processes is desirable
- Substantial relevant computing experience in architecture, standards, documentation, operations and technical management of network and telecommunications infrastructure and services including high availability configurations and performance analysis
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to interpret needs and recommend appropriate solutions within a changing environment
- Ability to establish positive stakeholder relationships and whilst always remaining fully customer focused
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector is desirable
You have strong interpersonal skills, analytical and problem solving abilities, and communication skills. You have worked in a project designing and deploying networks. Ideally you will have experience with Cisco’s Software Defined Architecture.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: PD - Network Engineer 513595 (Level 8).docx
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55pm on Sunday 29 January 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Brett Kelly at email@example.com
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.
Advertised:13 Jan 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:29 Jan 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Network Engineer, Curtin University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job Reference: 1052180 Digital & Technology Solutions Curtin is building one of the most exciting digital transformations across Australia today. We are building a revolutionary digital services d...
Icrar Independent Member And Chair Of Finance And Audit Committee, Curtin University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
ICRAR Independent Member and Chair of the Finance and Audit Committee Opportunity expiry date: 6 April 2023 Opportunity name: Independent Member of the Governing Board and Chair of the Finance & A...
Senior Network Engineer, Curtin University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job Reference: 10556589 In the wider business, Curtin is undertaking one of the most exciting digital transformations across Australia today. We are building a revolutionary digital services data ...
Research Program Director, Curtin University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job Reference: 1029268 As the Research Program Director, you will be working closely with the NCSEHE Director and will be primarily responsible for leading the development, successful execution, a...
Senior Developer Cisco Curtin Centre For Networks, Curtin University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job Reference: 1052881 School of Electrical Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences (EECMS) Formed in 2017, our school brings together Curtin’s core capabilities across electrical enginee...
Community Relations Coordinator, Faculty Of Business And Law, Curtin University, Australia, about 21 hours ago
Job Reference: 1051411 Your new role We are seeking a creative, hardworking and enthusiastic community relations specialist to develop and coordinate the alumni and community engagement program fo...