Work type:full time
- Drive the design and development of UWA’s new Integration standards, practises, and technologies
- Lead and build team focussed on integration excellence
- Level 9, full-time appointment on a fixed term basis for 1 year
- Base salary range: $119,390.00 – $126,335.00 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.
About the team
UWA is making significant investments in the Information and Technology Services to enable its strategic direction and goals. UWA is also looking to utilise technology advancements to expand its services and create new and innovative teaching and research models.
Robust, flexible, integrated and agile enterprise architecture, information and technology services are vital to enabling the university strategic objectives.
About the opportunity
As the appointee you will have a significant and pivotal role, managing and leading a technical team responsible for the architecture, design and development of an extensible enterprise integrations framework and solutions. Through your team’s work you will lead integration to enable UWA to meet current and future challenges, reduce data risk, and decouple direct data and application specific integration structures to better enable a composable application landscape. You will work with your team, the wider Enterprise Applications teams, IT Architecture and relevant stakeholders to build a foundation of reusable and repeatable integration patterns and capabilities in accord with IT Strategy, governance and risk frameworks and overall enterprise architecture.
You anticipate the possibilities presented through a modern integration landscape, and the opportunities to better leverage application and data integration to achieve UWA’s strategic, growth, information and business objectives.
You are dependable, self-starting, a problem solver and logical thinker, able to assume wider goals, and work independently and with your team to make them happen. You will have a background as a capable developer within a structured IT environment, and in following necessary processes and standards to deliver quality and value.
You will see both opportunities and constraints, and will work across teams and projects to achieve the best possible outcomes in integration design, delivery and supportability.
Critically, you will be a leader for your team within the Enterprise Applications portfolio, an authority on integration decision and design for UWA, and partner through engagement and consultation with other teams.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate :
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent competency
- A demonstrated understanding of integration architecture and design
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team, including planning, setting goals and managing team workloads and performance
- Demonstrated experience in setting design and development standards, methods and processes
- Demonstrated experience in designing solutions with particular focus on integration and performance across varied internal and external environments
- Demonstrated experience in translating business requirements into the design of solutions that meet customer expectations
- Strong understanding of modern integration and with experience/knowledge of Azure Application development and Azure Integration Cervices
- High-level ability to develop conceptual designs for specific usage scenarios in line with standards, and in contributing to the development of new standards and practices
- Comprehensive knowledge of a broad range of technologies and technology trends
- ITIL Certification or demonstrated experience in ITIL processes
- Working knowledge of the Higher Education sector
- Experience with C#.NET
Note: Some after hours and weekend work may be required for this position.
About your application
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description: Manager, Solutions 514299.pdf
Individually addressing the selection criteria in your submission and providing evidence of your experience relating to the position and the criteria will highly regarded. For information to assist you with compiling statements to answer the selection criteria, please visit Addressing the selection criteria . At a minimum the content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 PM AWST on Wednesday, 17 May 2023
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Alan Mullett (email@example.com )
This position is only open to applications from Current UWA staff and to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia.
Application Details : Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce and an equitable and inclusive workplace. We celebrate difference and believe diversity is fundamental to achieving our goals as a globally recognised Top 100 educational and research institution. We are committed to creating a safe work environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQA+ community and people living with disability.
- We have a globally competitive, gender neutral parental leave policy with 26 weeks paid leave after 12 months service and 36 weeks after 5 years.
- We have on-campus childcare facilities for children aged 6 weeks to kindy.
- We facilitate flexible working, with part-time and job-sharing arrangements considered.
- We have an ongoing partnership with Pride in Diversity and were recently awarded a Bronze Employer status for LGBTIQA+ inclusion.
- We have Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation and actively work to improve gender equity.
Should you have any queries relating to your application, please contact the individual named in the advertisement. Alternatively, contact the Talent team at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your query. To enable a quick response, please include the 6-digit job reference number and a member of the team will respond to your enquiry.
Advertised:02 May 2023 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close:17 May 2023 11:55 PM W. Australia Standard Time
Senior Research Engineer (Ska), UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 16 days ago
6 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Engineering Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1) Country...
Lecturer Political Science And Public Policy, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 15 days ago
7 Sep 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Political sciences Researcher Profile Established Researcher (R3) Country Australia Application Deadl...
Research Officer, UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA, Australia, 25 days ago
26 Aug 2023 Job Information Organisation/Company UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA Research Field Biological sciences Physics Researcher Profile Recognised Researcher (R2) First Stage Researcher (R1...
Aus Src Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
AusSRC Senior Project Scientist The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy is seeking to appoint the Senior Project Scientist for the Australian SKA Regional Centre. Continuing contract, full time (p...
Senior Project Scientist, Curtin University, Australia, about 13 hours ago
About us The Curtin Institute of Radio Astronomy (CIRA) is a multi-disciplinary research institute engaged in a range of projects involving or motivated by radio astronomy. CIRA’s activities draw ...
Product Enterprise Architect, Curtin University, Australia, 6 days ago
Job Reference: 1109789 Your new role Curtin University is building one of the most exciting digital transformations across Australia today. We are building a revolutionary digital services platfor...