Job no: 0056807
Role type: Full time; Fixed-term
Faculty: Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
Department/School: School of Agriculture and Food
Salary:UOM 7 - $98,402 - $106,510 p.a. plus 17% super
The University of Melbourne would like to acknowledge and pay respect to the Traditional Owners of the lands upon which our campuses are situated, the Wurundjeri and Boon Wurrung Peoples, the Yorta Yorta Nation, the Dja Dja Wurrung People. We acknowledge that the land on which we meet and learn was the place of age-old ceremonies, of celebration, initiation and renewal, and that the local Aboriginal Peoples have had and continue to have a unique role in the life of these lands.
About the Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences
The Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences is a leader in agricultural, food and veterinary science education and research in Australia.
As a faculty within the University of Melbourne, we share the core purpose of benefiting society, and the guiding aspiration to be a world-leading and globally connected Australian university with students at the heart of everything we do. We are dedicated to improving animal health, sustainable agricultural practice and food security through cross-disciplinary and collaborative research.
About the Role
The Victoria Drought Resilience Adoption and Innovation Hub (https://vicdroughthub.org.au/ , the Victoria Hub) connects farmers with the best science, regional agricultural experts, innovation and new practices. It is funded by the Australian Government, through the Future Drought Fund.
AgriFutures Australia (https://www.agrifutures.com.au/ ) is supporting to add to the Victoria Hub team a talented and experienced Innovation Broker to bridge the communication gaps between various actors in the wider Australian innovation ecosystem.
The Innovation Broker will work closely with the Hub’s Nodes and Adoption Officers and the Hub’s Knowledge Broker team and alongside Research and Development Corporations, producer groups and other stakeholders in the agricultural innovation system to facilitate two-way information flow along the innovation pipeline.
The role is primarily based at the University of Melbourne’s Dookie Campus near Shepparton.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working with Victoria Hub’s Nodes and Knowledge Broker team to provide an assessment of issues and opportunities for Victorian regions
- Working with the Victoria Nodes, collaborate with stakeholders to understand their needs and the demand for innovation/technology
- Network with Hub partners and other Hubs to develop a broader understanding of needs and opportunities
- Draw on the Victoria Hub Nodes’ networks and key stakeholders to assess specific industry or regional contexts
- Support monitoring and evaluation reports and metrics as required by AgriFutures Australia
You will be an excellent communicator with a sound foundation in a relevant scientific discipline and will have an in-depth understanding of regional and/or industry (including cross-sectoral) needs and proven capability to identify and broker research and innovation opportunities in the context of agricultural industries. You will have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with a range of stakeholders, handle sensitive information with sound judgement, effectively communicate and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
You will also have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and demonstrated experience in research, development and extension in the context of agricultural industries and regional communities.
- Experience in communicating science and research concepts and/or translating technical information into content accessible to a non-technical audience.
- Experience of industry engagement and needs analysis and co-design of innovative projects or knowledge products
- Excellent level of scientific literacy including understanding and appreciation of evidence and peer review practices
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
About the University
The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements, generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits .
We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community and encourage and celebrate diversity. First Nations people, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities and culturally and linguistically diverse people are encouraged to apply. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria^ (found in the Position Description) for the role.
^For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
We are dedicated to ensuring barrier free and inclusive practices to recruit the most talented candidates. If you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .Position Description
Senior Animal Welfare Officer, RMIT University, Australia, 4 days ago
Overview: Part-time, Continuing position Salary Level HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements Based at the Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at othe...
Australian Critical Minerals R&D Hub Manager, CSIRO, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Demonstrate your leadership skills in this frontline role within CSIRO Play a vital role in implementing the strategy of the Critical Minerals R&D Hub Join CSIRO - Australia's National Science and...
Lecturer In Psychology, Deakin University, Australia, 8 days ago
Apply now Job no:532473 Work type:Full-time Location:Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Health Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus Full-time and Continuing Level B $104,619 - $123,739 + 17% Superan...
Stakeholder Engagement Manager, CSIRO, Australia, about 9 hours ago
Apply your stakeholder engagement skills to help manage the Australian Critical Minerals R&D Hub Play a key role in formulating strategic and government communications Join CSIRO - Australia's Nat...
Lecturer, Deakin University, Australia, 9 days ago
Apply now Job no:532062 Work type:Full-time Location:Geelong - City, Melbourne - Burwood, Flexible Categories:Health Based at our Melbourne, Burwood Campus or Geelong Waterfront Campus Full-time a...
Lecturer, Deakin University, Australia, 9 days ago
Apply now Job no:532065 Work type:Full-time Location:Geelong - City, Melbourne - Burwood Categories:Health Based at our Geelong, Waterfront Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus Full-time and continu...