- X2 Full time 2 year fixed-term positions available
- Exciting opportunity to contribute to the continuous improvement of the Architecture Practice
- Offering a competitive remuneration package including 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Enterprise Architect provides strategic IT guidance, road maps, principles, standards and best practices. The role is focused on enabling business and ICT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organisation.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- be responsible for enterprise architecture strategy
- guide the alignment of ICT infrastructure, solutions and services with the strategic objectives and goals of the University to maximise investments that uplift the University’s IT capabilities
- work on enterprise architecture activities including architecture governance, and across the enterprise architecture domains including Business, Information, Application, Technology and Research Technology Architecture
- apply extensive professional expertise, skills and knowledge to ensure the architecture and innovation strategies align with the University digital strategy
- collaborate closely, ICT and key University stakeholders and makes strategic and operational recommendations, understanding planning related implications, risks and opportunities
- provides advice to and participate in IT and architecture governance bodies and processes including the Architecture Review Board, Solution Review Board, Project Control Boards.
- post graduate qualification in information technology or related field with experience within an architecture practice and/or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- experience of building long-term, strategic relationships, including maintaining a strong understanding of industry standards, assisting clients in the formation of IT Strategies, and acting to ensure that they are offered products and services aligned to these strategies
- strong leadership skills with proven ability to motivate a team/teams involved in architecture and provide vision and direction to benefit the operations of the University
- ability to apply TOGAF and other architecture frameworks to produce and communicate architecture to stakeholders
- proven experience in architecture and technical design activities and implementing technical standards/building blocks.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People , women , people living with a disability , people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds , and those who identify as LGBTIQ . We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact the HR Service Centre on +61 2 9351 2000 or Victoria Ford-Rogers, Recruitment Operations by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for
Applications CloseMonday 07 November 2022 11:59 PM
Senior Crm Developer (Heo 7), University of South Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Based in Information Strategy and Technology Services at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, 12-month fixed term contract A variety of generous leave arrangements available and 17% super About the ...
Manager: Information Systems Projects (Heo 9), University of South Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Based in the Information Strategy and Technology Services Unit at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, two (2) year fixed term contract Commencement Salary: $123,186 per annum (plus 17% superannuati...
Casual Opportunities School Of Architecture & Built Environment, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 15 hours ago
Job no:511118 Work type:Casual Campus:Adelaide Categories:Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology The Faculty of Sciences, Engineering and Technology, is a thriving centre of learning, tea...
Information Technologist: Developer (Heo 5), University of South Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Based in the Information Strategy and Technology Services Unit at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, 12 month fixed term contract Commencement Salary: $72,341per annum (plus 17% superannuation) A...
Information Technologist: Integrations Developer (Heo 6), University of South Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Based in the Information Strategy and Technology Services Unit at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, continuing position Commencement Salary: $84,539 per annum (plus 17% superannuation) About the ...
Senior Functional Analyst (Heo 7), University of South Australia, Australia, about 13 hours ago
Based in the Information Strategy and Technology Services Unit at the Mawson Lakes campus Full-time, two (2) year fixed term contract Commencement Salary: $92,941 per annum (plus 17% superannuatio...