The 2020–21 National Taxonomy Research Grant Program is CLOSED
The Australian Biological Resources Study (ABRS) National Taxonomy Research Grant Program (NTRGP) provides grants for taxonomic research. Grants are awarded for research projects where the primary aim is to undertake taxonomic research on the Australian biota or to develop products that aid in the dissemination of taxonomic information. The program also supports projects that build Australian taxonomic capacity.
The 2020–21 NTRGP round is now closed to applications. For more information please go to the Community Grants Hub or the GrantConnect websites:
These research grants provide support to postdoctoral fellows, early career and established researchers, and tertiary students to undertake research relevant to the taxonomy and systematics of the Australian biota.
The reporting templates listed below are to be used for all NTRGP grants up to and including the 2019–20 round.
Reporting for the 2020–21 and future rounds will be completed via the Community Grants Hub .
If you are uncertain of your grant type, please contact the ABRS Business and Grants Manager .
Capacity-Buiding Grant forms up to and including the 2019–20 round
Research Grant forms up to and including the 2019–20 round
The ABRS NTRGP is the only program in Australia that supports research into taxonomy. The program is designed to:
- Improve our knowledge of the Australian biota through targeted taxonomic research
- Increase funding for taxonomy through enhanced co-funding opportunities
- Build Australia's taxonomic capacity by supporting postgraduate research training and early career researchers
In implementing the NTRGP, the ABRS strives to:
- Improve grant administration and management for the ABRS
- Simplify the application processes for applicants and their institutions
The program features:
- Fixed grant amounts — Applicants apply for grants under a scheme of set levels of funding.
- Support for building taxonomic capacity — the program has a designated capacity-building allocation aimed at building the taxonomic workforce, as well as funding for research grants of various specified amounts.
- A co-funding requirement for Research Grants — the ABRS Research Grants are all co-funded. That is, applicants must have obtained a commitment for the applicable amount of co-funding for their application to be considered.
- Substantial Supplement Partners — the ABRS will partner with organisations or consortia interested in bringing significant funding to a broad area of taxonomic research to secure matching funding for that area from the NTRGP.
Benefits of the Program include:
- Increased support for early career researchers (including provision for retired taxonomists to mentor younger researchers through support for non-salaried researcher positions)
- Provision for major, national-scale investigations incorporating multiple researchers and institutions.
Leibniz Programme For Women Professors, Leibniz Association, Germany, 18 days ago
The Leibniz Association connects 96 independent research institutions that range in focus from the natural, engineering and environmental sciences to economics, spatial and social sciences and the...
Digital Project Manager In The Faculty Of Arts , The University of Hong Kong ;, Hong Kong, about 16 hours ago
Applications are invited for appointment as Digital Project Manager in the Faculty of Arts (Ref.: 501691), to commence as soon as possible, on a three-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility o...
Characterization Of Campania Sea Fishing, Stazione Zoologica Anton Dohrn, Italy, 24 days ago
a) Italian degree according to the law preceding to D.M. 509/99, or Italian master degree (D.M. 5/5/2004) in Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Natural Sciences, Marine Biology or equi...
Uirm Pd, 2020-21, United States, about 20 hours ago
Description: MSRI will award 10 to 14 semester-long postdoctoral fellowships in its program in Universality and Integrability in Random Matrix Theory and Interacting Particle Systems, which will b...
Assoc / Assistant / Professor In In Earth Science And Engineering, Times Higher Education, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Faculty position in Earth Science and Engineering Nanjing University, the School of Earth Sciences and Engineering (SESE), invites applications for multiple faculty and research positions at all l...
Comd Pd, 2020-21, United States, about 20 hours ago
Description: MSRI will award 6 to 8 semester-long postdoctoral fellowships in its program in Complex Dynamics: from special families to natural generalizations in one and several variables, which ...