Apply now Job no:508760
Work type:Full Time
Vacancy type:Internal Vacancy, External Vacancy
Categories:Administration, Medical Administration, General Operations
- Salary Package: From $ $85,148 – $93,989 p.a. (HEW 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
- Appointment Type: 1 FTE, fixed-term position for 2 years.
- Northern Beaches Hospital location
The Northern Beaches Hospital (NBH) and the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences at Macquarie University have recently signed an agreement to establish an on-site Clinical School to deliver clinical experience at the hospital – the Northern Beaches Clinical School.
The creation of the Northern Beaches Clinical School provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to quality clinical education and student experience and to build relationships across NBH and Macquarie University. The establishment of the Clinical School also brings with it some rich new career opportunities.
The position is required to provide administrative support to ensure the smooth delivery of clinical education and training of Macquarie University students at Northern Beaches Hospital. The first group of students will enter NBH from early 2021 onwards.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic candidate to be responsible for the coordination and implementation of clinical placements at NBH and to continue fostering the strong relationship between Macquarie University and NBH. In this varied role you will:
- Coordinate and deliver operational and administrative support for the Northern Beaches Clinical School and its activities.
- Provide advice and administrative support to the Head of Clinical School on a broad range of University and course-specific policies, procedures and business processes.
- In consultation with the major stakeholders, implement orientation and induction programs for students at NBH.
- Provide high-level support for the coordination of clinical teaching at NBH and ensure appropriate and safe clinical experiences, including adherence to student compliance requirements.
- Provide first level advice and administrative support to students and clinical educators during placements and ensure responsive and accurate troubleshooting and/or escalation of cases, where required.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and/or improve administrative systems, processes and procedures and guidelines.
- Continue to foster a strong and positive relationship between the University and NBH by providing a key communication channel and interface for staff and students.
You will have a working knowledge of administration within the health and/or health in higher education sectors and will bring to the role impeccable coordination, communication and time management skills. You will be able to manage and prioritise tasks in this busy role, to enable smooth administration of the clinical placements and support to the school to ensure its smooth operations.
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia’s leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We’ve helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing the Australia’s first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you’ll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Macquarie University's Faculty of Medicine, Health and Human Sciences builds on our aspiration to have the nation's first fully integrated Academic Health Sciences Centre under a university's leadership. It brings together the excellent work of medical and allied-health clinicians and researchers across the University and around the country, with unparalleled access to the world-leading clinical resources and research facilities found only on our campus.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light. Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 54 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today .
To be considered for this position, applicants are to submit their CV and Covering letter that addresses the selection criteria below.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and/or relevant experience in health administration, business administration or the education sector.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and database management systems
- Understanding of the Higher Education sector.
- Providing advice and administrative support to students, clients and stakeholders, preferably within a health-related discipline area or clinical placement/clinical school setting..
- Interpreting and advising on policies, procedures, rules and regulations, preferably within the higher education sector.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Coordinating multiple activities with minimal supervision while meeting competing deadlines.
- Building and managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
For further information regarding this role please click here to view the position description. Clinical School Administrator_PD_HEW 6.pdf
Given current Australian Government COVID-19 border restrictions applications for this position are only being accepted from Australian citizens or permanent residents or people currently residing in Australia with full working rights.
Specific Role Enquiries: Hayley Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org
General Enquiries: Rohana Nagarajah, HR Administrator at email@example.com
Applications Close: 11:55pm on Sunday 6 December,2020 (AEDT)
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion . We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.
Advertised:27 Nov 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close:06 Dec 2020 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Lecturer In Clinical Practice, Flinders University, Australia, about 20 hours ago
About Flinders Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporar...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Career Pathways Mentor Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 24 hours ago
Job no:504897 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...
Executive Director Maridulu Budyari Gumal, Sydney Partnership For Health, Education, Research And Enterprise (Sphere), University of New South Wales, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500786 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW, Other location Categories:Professional Leadership SPHERE is a nationally unique coming-together of 14 leading organisations, a par...
Clinical Project Coordinator, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 23 hours ago
Apply now Job no:500969 Work type:Full-time Location:Sydney, NSW Categories:Research Administration support The Kirby Institute Medicine & Health, UNSW Full time (35 hours/week) Fixed term for 12 ...
Operations Technician, Australian National University, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Apply now Job no:538957 Work type:Fixed Term Location:New South Wales Categories:Professional Classification: ANU Officer 4/5 (Technical) Salary package: $65,101 - $78,411 per annum plus 17% Super...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Aboriginal Health Adelaide Rural Clinical School, University of Adelaide, Australia, about 24 hours ago
Job no:504898 Work type:Fixed term - Part-time Campus:Regional South Australia Categories:Faculty of Health & Medical Sciences, Level B, Level C (Level B) $99,441 to $117,627 pro rata per annum or...