The Director will have the responsibility of overseeing the development of the scope and features of the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching. The Director will oversee the development or expansion of the three domains of the CELT: Office for Student Assessment, Academic Success Lab, and Institute for Faculty Excellence. The responsibilities include serving as liaison to academic programs and faculty, administration of all aspects of the Center, and having the vision and expertise to move Cambridge College deliberately and successfully forward in realizing the full capacity of the Center. The Director will report directly to the Provost to ensure the relationship with the academic programs, faculty, the libraries, and student services support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage coordination of three programs of the CELT: Office for Student Assessment, Academic Success Lab, and Institute for Faculty Excellence.
- Convene and collaborate with the CELT Advisory Group.
- Develop three year timeline for project management.
- Develop quarterly and annual reports on the costs, usage levels, and availability of all aspects of the CELT.
- Administer approved budget and authorize expenditures in accordance with established guidelines.
- Devise and implement ongoing assessment plans for CELT programs and services by routinely analyzing student and/or public needs through surveys and other feedback mechanisms to determine priorities for workshops, programs and possible new services for Cambridge College community.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate progress toward goals and objectives of the Center.
- Prepare and submit reports to funders as required.
- Coordinate with Regional Centers as needed.
- Provide oversight to the online library.
- Provide oversight to the development and expansion of online course development.
- Work with colleagues to prepare grants to secure funding for the center.
- Collaborate with faculty and other stakeholders regarding the development and general operation of the Center.
Office for Student Assessment
- Hire and supervise the Assessment Coordinator
- Collaborate with Assessment Coordinator, Deans and CELT Advisory Committee in development of assessments for all students appropriate to their programs.
- Coordinate implementation and promotion of new assessment program.
- Create and maintain data regarding assessment of students and progress.
Academic Success Lab
- Oversee the hiring, training and supervision of the CELT staff, peer tutors, and adjunct faculty.
- Assess current student needs and expand academic learning support to include quantitative, academic literacy, and writing support through professional and peer tutorial modals.
- Design and launch the implementation of Success Lab studios to including but not limited to: writing, critical thinking, communication, numeracy, computer literacy and academic success.
- Coordinate development of the Success Lab and integration to Cambridge website.
- Coordinate partnership with eTutoring.org for submission platform.
- Collaborate with information technology department and online library in identifying needed services and best approaches to implementation, and evaluation of innovative technological approaches to providing digital programs and services.
- Develop services to help improve undergraduate and graduate students’ academic skills.
- Create and maintain data regarding student use of the Center, progress and success.
Institute for Faculty Excellence
- Survey faculty for areas of interest and need in professional development.
- Coordinate faculty development programs, including retreats, workshops, brown bag series, and guest speakers.
- Implement quality assessment of programs through survey.
- Create and maintain data regarding faculty involvement, satisfaction and use of services.
Education and/or Experience: Minimum Qualifications
- PhD degree in humanities, education, English, reading, adult literacy, curriculum and instruction, or related field.
- Experience with providing a post-secondary academic support services program for adult learners.
- Two years of experience training, supervising, and evaluating professional and peer tutors.
- Teaching experience at college level with understanding of experiential adult androgogy.
- Experience and commitment to serving adult learners in a diverse academic community.
- Experience in overseeing and implementation of budgets and project management.
- Experience with the development and provision of online academic support services.
- Demonstrated understanding of uses of technology for multimodal learning.
- Grant writing skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current research, learning theory, best practices, and standards of excellence in providing learning assistance support for adult students.
- Knowledge of FERPA and ethical principles in working with tutors and students
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with a diverse group of students, faculty, administrators and staff both individually and in group settings, in person and through various technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to provide workshops through campus partnerships and develop new workshops as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets in accordance with established guidelines.
- Skill in writing, editing and proofing correspondence and reports in the appropriate administrative style.
- Skill in interviewing, selecting, training and appraising faculty and student workers
- Skill in interviewing, selecting and overseeing adjunct faculty.
- Ability to work independently, time manage well, and communicate effectively with supervisors, peers, staff and students at a distance.
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hours of Employment
This is a full-time position. A work schedule will be established in consultation with the supervisor. Travel is required.
To apply, please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Student Development Specialist Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 11 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Title Student Development Specialist III Posting Title Student Development Specialist III System Member Institution/Agency TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY (TAMU)...
Associate Director Of The Counseling Center /Student Psychological Counselor, Borough of Manhattan Community College, United States, 3 days ago
Associate Director of the Counseling Center /Student Psychological Counselor JOB ID #: 16217 ISSUE DATE: 01/11/2017 CLOSING DATE: 02/14/2017 DUTIES: The Counseling Center at BMCC is to help stude...
Executive Director, Austin Peay State University, United States, 23 days ago
Position Summary Information Position Summary The Executive Director of the Austin Peay Center at Fort Campbell (APCFC) is the administrative head of the center, and the liaison with all other aca...
Instructional Design Consultant, Indiana University Northwest, United States, 3 days ago
Instructional Design Consultant Center for Teaching and Learning About IUPUI and the Center for Teaching and Learning: Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) is known as India...
Assistant/Associate Dean Of Students For Diversity And Inclusion, National Institutes of Health, United States, 2 days ago
Position Description: Harvard College is a vibrant and diverse academic community. It is a close-knit undergraduate program located within Harvard University, and is the oldest and most prestigiou...
Asc Vp, Marketing & Comm, Emory University, United States, 27 days ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Senior Vice President for Communications and Public Affairs, serves as a senior member of the Communications and Public Affairs leadership team an...