DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 14 days ago
The School of Biomedical Sciences The School of Biomedical Sciences is a distinguished centre for teaching and research in the academic disciplines of Anatomy, Developmental Biology, Physiology, P...
Joseph Barling Fellowship Pgca1011, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 14 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Postgraduate students Opens 08/08/2017 Closing Date 30/11/2017 For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $30,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (min...
] Postdoctoral Position In Wireless Communications, , United States, 1 day ago
Postdoctoral Position in Wireless Communications, UTC SimCenter Postdoc position is available in area of Wireless Communications at the Smart Communications and Analysis Lab (SCAL) and Urban Scien...
Research Fellow In Mental Health, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
We are seeking to appoint an experienced quantitative researcher who has an established track record in leading and conducting research in relation to important questions affecting primary care me...
Postdoctoral Research Position In Single Cell Genomics, Harvard University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Details Title Postdoctoral Research Position in Single Cell Genomics School Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Department/Area Biostatistics Position Description One or two postdoctoral pos...
Foundation Fellowship Doctor, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Hospital – UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL SOUTHAMPTON NHS FOUNDATION TRUST Location – Southampton General Hospital Post Title – Foundation Fellowship Doctor Start Date of Post – ASAP Contract Length –Fixed T...