Pharmacology and Systems Physiology
College of Medicine, University of Cincinnati
The University of Cincinnati, founded in 1819, is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio. The university boasts a student body of over 43,000 enrolled in over 370 programs of study and is the region’s largest employer with over 15,000 faculty, staff and student workers. The University of Cincinnati embraces diversity and inclusion as core values and seeks to empower all members of the university community.
Experiments in the lab are generally focused on nerve regeneration, although recently are also looking at immune cells.
- Perform various duties in a biomedical research laboratory.
- Learn how to take care of and maintain mammalian cells under cell culture conditions.
- Help with preparation for and execution of experiments, which will involve making chemical solutions, doing assays and working on staining of slides of mammalian tissues.
- Assist with photographs on a research microscope and then use image analysis software to count or measure cellular features in the images.
- Maintain and modify records of experiments and lab methods, clean dishes, keep the lab tidy and prepare for experiments
Minimum Qualifications: Must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours per semester for undergraduate students or at least one (1) credit hour per semester for graduate students. Must have a FEDERAL WORK STUDY award for the 2020 Academic year.
Preferred Qualifications: Biology majors (i.e., Biology, Med-Sci or Neuroscience) are preferred but not required.
Application Process: Complete an Applicant Profile and upload your Resume, then apply to Requisition # 40307 and upload a copy of your FEDERAL WORK STUDY award under the "Additional Documents" section. Failure to include a copy of your Federal Work Study award may remove you from consideration.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
Student Services Professional, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 13 days ago
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide assistance to prospective and current students covering a wide range of detailed information. Utilize SIMS technology to ensure student receive consistent and accur...