The Rowe Lab at UC is seeking a part-time laboratory assistant to assist with lab management in an Applied and Environmental Microbiology and Aquatic Biology lab in the Department of Biology at the University of Cincinnati.
Position duties include: organization of laboratory space; media making and preparation; cleaning glassware, and running basic laboratory techniques, maintenance of laboratory aquaria.
- Recipient of work study award based on financial need and must be admitted into a degree program.
- Must be enrolled at least part-time (6 credit hours for undergraduate students and 5 credit hours for graduate students), with the exception of summer quarter, or will be a registered student during the next academic quarter/semester for summer work. Student workers must meet the enrollment requirement for the entire quarter.
- Must be age 16 or older.
- Must be work study eligible.
- Experience in a microbiology laboratory with competence in: media making, basic cultivation approaches (anaerobic culturing would be ideal)
- Having taken a microbiology or molecular biology course
- Competence with organizing, and running lab protocols (following directions and recipes)
- Familiarity with Excel and Google docs
Applicants please submit a resume, contact information for two references, along with a 1-page cover letter describing your background and interest in this position.
The Rowe lab focuses on understanding the mechanisms and diversity of microbial respirations that involve oxidation-reduction reactions with solid phase minerals (i.e., rocks), or in the laboratory setting with electrodes (Electromicrobiology). Laboratory projects include techniques in: visualizing and quantifying the energetics of electron flow in model bacterial systems (i.e. Shewanella), utilizing high through-put genetic techniques to identify genes involved in Extracellular Electron Transfer (EET) in sediment microbes, and testing electron transfer in model microbial communities that make methane through electrochemistry and anaerobic culturi
Application Process: Complete an Applicant Profile and upload your Resume, then apply to Requisition # 39052 and upload a copy of your FEDERAL WORK STUDY award under the "Additional Documents" section. Failure to include a copy of your Federal Work Study award may remove you from consideration.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
Student Services Professional, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 12 days ago
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide assistance to prospective and current students covering a wide range of detailed information. Utilize SIMS technology to ensure student receive consistent and accur...