The Vice Provost of Research and Scholarship serves as the Provost’s chief advisor and representative in matters related to developing and implementing a strategic research program for the university. The Vice Provost has responsibility for providing innovative, collaborative and strategic leadership for the planning, development, implementation, maintenance and monitoring of strategic research initiatives, enhancing and achieving research goals, along with the direct management of research support personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains the University’s research vision and goals
- Directs faculty research development, contributing to the enhancement and achievement of research goals
- Ensures the achievement and maintenance of compliance standards and protocols
- Oversees and/or proactively seeks out a variety of extramural funding sources for identified research topics and/or programs.
- Partners with multiple constituencies within the University and beyond to commit, promote, and foster an environment of inclusion that facilitates access of underrepresented students, faculty and staff
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and directs institutional research projects, activities and operations
- Doctoral degree required
- 10+ years as a research scientist/faculty member required
- Active research funding preferred with the demonstrated ability and history of securing extramural funding
- Experience in research administration, scientific mentoring, with evidence of scientific credibility and grant writing ability
- Neuroscience background strongly preferred
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff and administrators from varied disciplines and backgrounds including collegial consensus-building
- Experience in the development and implementation of innovative organizational and academic growth initiatives
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed technological and analytical acumen
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Integrity - Demonstrating respect, honesty and professionalism
Compassion - Caring for students, patients, and colleagues and all humanity
Excellence- Achieving quality in all that we do
Collaboration - Working with others to recognize diverse perspectives and achieve mutual goals
Intellectual Curiosity - Pursuing personal and professional growth
Innovation - Embracing new practices to improve outcomes
Heritage - Remain true to our Midwestern values and the guiding principles of osteopathic medicine
Equal Opportunity Employer
KCU is committed to promoting an equal employment opportunity workplace. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information (GINA), physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, ancestry, military and/or veteran status, and/or any other status protected by applicable Federal, state or local law.
Thank you for your interest in a career at KCU!
Grants Assistant, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 17 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Grants Assistant Classification Title Grants Assistant Position Number 01203727 Hours Per Week 40 Department Sponsored Program Admin Campus Locat...
Student Worker, University of Kansas Medical Center, United States, about 17 hours ago
Posting Details Position Information Working Title Student Worker Classification Title Student Position Number 01203740 Hours Per Week 10 Department SHP Physical Therapy & Rehab Campus Location Ka...