The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
At the University of Washington, diversity is integral to excellence. We value and honor diverse experiences and perspectives, strive to create welcoming and respectful learning environments, and promote access, opportunity and justice for all.
UW’s Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology are seeking Temporary , Part-Time Veterinarians with canine clinical practice experience to assist with selection of canine participants for a clinical trial within the Dog Aging Project research program ( dogagingproject.org ). Candidate dogs are privately owned and live throughout the US. Owners have submitted extensive medical records for each candidate dog which must be reviewed for numerous inclusion and exclusion criteria. This position is remote.
Role and responsibilities
• Detailed review of comprehensive medical records from dogs being considered for a clinical trial.
• Records are accessed online through a password-protected database, and results are recorded in an online survey instrument.
• Records appear in diverse records system formats and in handwritten format.
• Careful and thorough review is required to identify any of numerous exclusionary factors.
• Thorough instructions, interpretive handbook, training, and access to second opinion for difficult cases is provided.
• One one-hour meeting per week with other records reviewers and researchers is required, currently scheduled on Thursdays at 1 PM Central time (subject to change).
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM or VMD)
Required abilities and attributes
• Familiarity with common software and online computing functions, such as email, spreadsheets, survey software, shareable online storage sites, and organization communication tools (e.g., Slack, Zoom, etc.).
• Excellent time management, organization, and attention to detail.
• Ability to complete assigned tasks without ongoing supervision.
• Minimum 5 years of veterinary clinical experience including diverse and complex canine cases.
• Experience reading and using a wide range of commercial veterinary medical record software systems
• Experience reviewing and interpreting medical records prepared by other clinicians through relief practice, shared supervision of cases within a practice, emergency practice, or second-opinion, referral, or specialty practice.
• Second-opinion or referral practice experience.
• Clinical research or clinical trials experience.
• Board-certification in small animal internal medicine (ACVIM or ECVIM) or canine and feline practice (ABVP).
The application process for UW positions may include completion of a variety of online assessments to obtain additional information that will be used in the evaluation process. These assessments may include Work Authorization, Cover Letter, and/or others. Any assessments that you need to complete will appear on your screen as soon as you select “Apply to this position”. Once you begin an assessment, it must be completed at that time; if you do not complete the assessment you will be prompted to do so the next time you access your “My Jobs” page. If you select to take it later, it will appear on your "My Jobs" page to take when you are ready. Please note that your application will not be reviewed, and you will not be considered for this position until all required assessments have been completed.
Ms Student To Study Martens On Washington’s Olympic Peninsula, Wa, Usa, University of Washington, United States, 3 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyUniversity of WashingtonLocationSeattle, WA, USAJob CategoryGraduate AssistantshipsSalaryFull support (stipe...
Ms Position In Wildlife Ecology At University Of Washington, Seattle Wa, University of Washington, United States, 3 months ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyUniversity of WashingtonLocationSeattle WAJob CategoryGraduate AssistantshipsSalary~$28,000/yrStart Date09/1...