The Executive MBA program of the Eccles School of Business is seeking a program assistant to help with program-related tasks.
This is for a non-exempt, PT student worker job. This job is considered “essential,” and therefore it is required that the employee be on-campus, in-person.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, efficient, self-reliant, team player who thrives in a fast-paced environment to provide direct support to a full-time staff member.
• Friday and Saturday (every other week) availability to support executive student class days. The shifts are either 6:00 am – 2 pm or 9:30 am – 5:30 pm on class days.
• Ability to follow established procedures, and recommend changes as needed to increase efficiency.
• Answer, screen, and transfer incoming phone calls, maintain and order office supplies, and sort and distribute mail.
• Assist our recruitment team by processing all applications- meticulously entering data in Salesforce CRM and preparing interview documents. Attention to detail in entering, maintaining, and analyzing data is crucial.
• Significant interpersonal communication with prospective students over the phone, as well as in-person and through e-mail
• Assisting with the planning and preparation of recruitment events and class day procedures
• Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team setting.
• Ensure a high level of customer service when engaging with executive students, staff, and all team members.
• Must be a current University of Utah student. High school diploma or equivalency required.
• Professional attire required.
• Ability to work in high-stress situations and without supervision.
• Professional phone etiquette.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize responsibilities.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Desire to work in a professional environment. Proficient in InDesign is highly preferred.
Able to lift, carry, and move 20 lbs. and stand for an extended period of time in preparation for Executive MBA events.
Demonstrates dependability and reliability by attending class day weekend shifts to ensure the overall success of event execution.
The ideal candidate is an outgoing, friendly individual who is detail-oriented, organized, and has a positive attitude. Must feel comfortable networking with professional students during admissions events, as well as student events and classes. Should be comfortable answering phone calls in the office from prospective and current students and helping direct their calls.
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce. In compliance with applicable federal and state laws, University of Utah policy of equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran’s status, status as a qualified person with a disability, or genetic information. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Veterans’ preference is extended to applicants, consistent with University policy and Utah state law. To inquire about this posting, email: “firstname.lastname@example.org” or call 801-581-2300. Reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation or for further information about University AA/EO policies, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/TDD), email: “email@example.com” .
The University is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from URS are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.