The CDC Foundation helps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) save and improve lives by unleashing the power of collaboration between CDC, philanthropies, corporations, organizations and individuals to protect the health, safety and security of America and the world. The CDC Foundation is the sole entity authorized by Congress to mobilize philanthropic partners and private-sector resources to support CDC’s critical health protection mission. Since 1995, the CDC Foundation has launched approximately 1,000 programs and has served as a strategic partner to CDC during public health emergencies. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the nation’s lead agency charged with protecting the public’s health.
• Experienced grant writer with outstanding writing and communication skills.
• Will work with NPAIHB and/or tribes to assist them in grant writing and submission for federal/state/private funding related to COVID-19.
• Create tracking system: number of grants submitted, to whom submitted and outcome of funding applications.
• Submit grants through various federal, state and private submission platforms.
- BA or BS in health field, English, journalism, communication, business field or other relevant degree
- At least 5 years experience in public health and writing successful grants with preference for experience in federal grants
- Experience working with Tribes/Tribal organizations a plus
Cultural competence working with Tribal organizations and/or members