Sign in to bookmark Portal App
The Transfer to Interdisciplinary Natural & Mathematical Sciences (TraIN) scholarship project provides funding for transfer students in a variety of science, technology, and math-related fields. STEM majors in the New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Science majors who transferred to ASU with twelve (12) college credits or more are eligible to apply. Besides financial support, this scholarship offers valuable training and mentoring throughout your undergraduate career at ASU. Participation will make you more competitive for outside internships, provide you with more in-depth training in your STEM field of interest, and increase your laboratory or numerical modeling research skills.
The scholarship includes up to $5,000 of support each semester, depending on need and is renewable if progressing appropriately. Additionally this project includes mentoring and research/internship opportunities.
PLEASE NOTE: Student goals that include health care practitioner endpoints (Medical Doctor, Pharmacist, Physical Therapist, Physician Assistant, Nurse, etc.) are NOT ELIGIBLE for this program. This scholarship project is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No.2221321.
Must Demonstrate Need:
Incoming transfer (undergraduate)
Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, New College of
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
• STEM major in New College of Interdisciplinary Arts & Sciences at ASU's West campus.
• GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Demonstrated financial need based on FAFSA application
• Transfer student status (student has already earned minimum of 12 college credits)
Preferred Applicant Characteristics:
• Strong background in 100 & 200-level college math and science
• Interest in gaining research experience in one of the degree programs included in the TraIN program
• Student has at least one year left at ASU to complete their degree
• Previous TraIN Scholar at a partner Community College
School of Mathematical and Natural Sciences
Dr. Susie Sandrin
You are strongly encouraged to complete the FAFSA or update it if you have already submitted one while you were at a community college. You need to indicate ASU as your new school (School Code 001081). This will expedite your application review.
If you have questions about the application or concerns, please contact [email protected] .
Monday, April 01, 2024
This scholarship is currently accepting applications for the 2024-2025 academic year. You will need to sign in to apply.