The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
China Scholarship Council Massey University Ph D Scholars Programme, Massey University, New Zealand, about 21 hours ago
Closing date: 15/01/2018 China Scholarships Council-Massey University PhD Scholars Programme Massey University invites high achieving, excellent Chinese students to apply for PhD study in New Zeal...
Ph D Student Position, Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Germany, 26 days ago
A PhD student position (salary E 13 TV-L, 67 %, for three years) will be filled at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg by the next possible date. The research is part of the Research Tra...
Ph D Position In Brown Adipose Tissue Proteostasis In An Erc And Dda Funded Research Group, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
A PhD scholarship for three years is available at the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark, Odense. Employment is possible from 1 January 2018 or soon t...
Uts Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 8 hours ago
UTS offers merit-based Study Abroad Excellence Scholarship for commencing Study Abroad students. Selection is based on academic excellence in the most recently completed tertiary qualification rec...
Ph D Scholarship At The Department Of Economics, University Of Copenhagen (Ucph). Behavioral Responses To Health Innovations And The Consequences For Socioeconomic Outcomes., University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 2 hours ago
Applications are invited for a PhD scholarship at the Department of Economics, UCPH, in connection with the project “Behavioral Responses to Health innovations and the Consequences for Socioeconom...
Ph D In Place Branding, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 13 hours ago
The Department of Sociology, Environmental and Business Economics at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a 3-year PhD scholarship in business administration and economics. ...