School / Campus / College: School of Medicine
Title: Teaching Associate - Cardiovascular Advanced Practice (CV APP) Fellowship (2 positions)
The Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery at the University of Washington School of Medicine, invite applications for two Advanced Practice Provider fellow positions in a one-year Cardiovascular Fellowship program. This position is open to Advanced Practice Providers (Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) and will provide a faculty appointment at the rank of Teaching Associate, on a twelve-month service period, with an anticipated start date of November 1st, 2021.
About the Fellowship
The UWMC Cardiovascular Advanced Practice (CV APP) Fellowship prepares postgraduate APPs (Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) to utilize evidenced-based practice and develop specialized skills to care for chronic and acutely ill patients across the continuum of cardiovascular specialty and subspecialty areas.
The UWMC CV APP Fellowship is an intense, highly structured, comprehensive program through which newly licensed APPs will acquire in depth cardiovascular knowledge, advanced skills, and mentorship to deliver safe, quality care that meets standards of practice at a quaternary medical center.
The Fellowship is designed for self-motivated, eager, skilled and knowledgeable newly licensed graduates who excelled in their APP training and now wish to build upon those skills in a high acuity medical center.
The Fellowship includes 12-months of practice-based experiences and didactic activities to promote professional development in cardiovascular care. The 2021/2022 CV APP Fellowship will begin on Monday, November 1, 2021 and complete on Friday, October 28, 2022. Given the credentialing and licensure processes, applicants must anticipate having completed national certification examinations by August 31, 2021.
- The fellow will have practice-based experiences and participate in didactic learning activities in the following areas:
- Advanced Heart Failure - inpatient and outpatient
- Heart transplantation - inpatient and outpatient
- Cardiothoracic Surgery - inpatient and outpatient
- Structural Heart Disease
- Thoracic Surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- Cardiology Critical Care
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Critical Care
- The fellow will develop skills and experience in performing:
- Cardiovascular exam
- Developing patient focused treatment plans
- Point of care echocardiography
- Management of ventricular assist devices
- Presenting teaching conferences or educational rounds
- The fellow will develop an in depth understanding of cardiovascular health care topics including:
- Issues related to the care of frail elderly and vulnerable populations with cardiovascular disease
- Drug safety and pharmacologic management of cardiovascular disease
- Equitable allocation of limited health care resources in the treatment of cardiovascular disease
- APP scope of practice in highly specialized areas of care
- Interprofessional team collaboration and best practice standards
Salary and Benefits
Fellows are employed as Teaching Associates within the University of Washington School of Medicine. Salary and benefits are consistent with national standards for Post Graduate Fellowships.
The following documents must be submitted by May 14, 2021.
For selected applicants, ZOOM interviews will be held on Friday June 25, 2021. Positions will be offered to successful applicants during the last week of June 2021.
Further inquiries may be addressed to:
CV APP Fellowship Program Administrator
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information,
gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Fws Spring 2021, Student Assistant, University of Kentucky, United States, about 2 months ago
Posting Details Job Title FWS Spring 2021, Student Assistant Requisition Number DU07562 Department Name 1B531:Federal Work Study Work Location Federal Work-Study Office Salary Range $8.25-$9.60 Ty...
Fws Summer 2021, Student Assistant, University of Kentucky, United States, about 1 month ago
Posting Details Job Title FWS Summer 2021, Student Assistant Requisition Number DU07562 Department Name 1B531:Federal Work Study Work Location Federal Work-Study Office Salary Range $8.25-$9.60 Ty...