Location Highland Business Center
Note: Some occasional travel within the ACC service area required.
Hours 40-hour work week / Generally Monday - Friday from 8am - 5pm / Some occasional evenings and weekends required.
Salary Supervisor 3/120 ($40,494.00 - $57,849.00)
FLSA Status Exempt
Reports To Associate Director, Financial Aid and Compliance
Criminal Background Check Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all Staff and Faculty positions. Pre-employment urinalyses drug screens are also required for all top candidates considered for positions in ACC's College Police department.
Austin Community College (ACC) is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each fall and spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriately applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community.
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching.
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities.
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for underrepresented populations.
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others.
The Austin Community College District promotes student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training in its service area.
For more information, see http://www.austincc.edu/about-acc/mission-statement.
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open-access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. The College values and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout the College community.
To administer, direct, and market the Austin Community College (ACC) Scholarship Program and serve as the liaison to other ACC departments, external donors and the ACC Foundation Office; to supervise the daily operations of the assigned financial aid staff.
Description of Duties and Tasks
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Federal and state regulations pertaining to financial aid programs.
- Computerized financial aid systems.
- Compiling data and preparing reports.
- General operations of an institution of higher education.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Accepting, receiving, and/or collecting payments.
- Determining individual benefit eligibility.
- Managing or administering grant funds.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- Making public presentations to large and small groups and one-on-one.
- Effectively using interpersonal skills and communications skills, including tact, diplomacy, understanding, compassion and valuing all contributions, while maintaining adherence to ACC rules.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, with acute attention to detail, exacting accuracy, and follow-through.
- Researching, analyzing, and compiling data, and producing accurate reports from complex datasets, surveys, and software programs.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials, including information from student records.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and working in a collaborative manner.
- Effectively working with a diverse and multicultural student body.
- Prioritizing, implementing, and managing multiple projects and due dates.
- Complying with federal and state regulations.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Two years related work experience.
- Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Series Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for this position.
Preferred Work Experience
- In addition to required work related experience, some supervisory experience.
- Valid Texas Driver's License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Full-time Faculty and Staffing Table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the College are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by Federal law.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Austin Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
Cornea Fellowship Trained Ophthalmologist, University of Texas at Austin, United States, about 1 month ago
Description The Dell Medical School of The University of Texas at Austin is seeking a cornea fellowship-trained ophthalmologist to join the Department of Ophthalmology and the Mitchel and Shannon ...
Hiv Planner Hiv/Std Dshs Grant, University of Texas at Austin, United States, 3 months ago
Job Posting Title: HIV Planner - HIV/STD DSHS Grant ---- Hiring Department: Kinesiology and Health Education ---- Position Open To: All Applicants ---- Weekly Scheduled Hours: 40 ---- FLSA Status:...