Job Title: Peer Tutor - MBA
Candidate Type: Open to Bellevue University STUDENTS ONLY
Essential Function: The Tutor is responsible for providing tutoring sessions to assist students in achieving academic success. This position will support the student regularly scheduled meetings, or on an as needed basis to help clarify class concepts. The incumbent may also be asked to provide assistance with study skills improvement techniques, reviewing class material, discussing the text, working on solutions to problems not assigned for homework, take home tests, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must have achieved a grade of “A” in the course(s) to be tutored, required.
- Excellent customer service orientation with the tact and strong verbal communication skills needed to facilitate relationship building.
- Maturity of judgment and ability to resolve problems without delay and/or to seek managerial intervention.
- Ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality in the handling student information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Proficiency in using PC software, including word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent written communications skills
Required Qualifications: Must have received an "A" in at least one, or the equivalent of, the following courses: MBA 520 Financial Reporting & Analysis, MBA 624 Business Analysis for Decision Making, MBA 641 Accounting for Performance Management, MBA 655 Financial Management & Strategy, MBA 675 Operations & Logistics in the Value Chain.
Department: Tutoring Center
Work Schedule: Flexible availability; M-F up to 19.5 hours
Salary: $9 per hour
Work Environment: normal environment, frequent use of PC and phone
Bellevue University prepares (1) an Annual Security Report to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act; (2) a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) Disclosure to comply with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act; and (3) and Consumer Information to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All prospective employees may obtain a copy by clicking the preceding links or by requesting copies from the Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028 or emailing a request to email@example.com.