Job Title: Peer Tutor-Math
Essential Functions: The Tutor is responsible for providing tutoring sessions to assist students in achieving academic success. This position will support the student regularly scheduled meetings, or on an as needed basis to help clarify class concepts. The incumbent may also be asked to provide assistance with study skills improvement techniques, reviewing class material, discussing the text, working on solutions to problems not assigned for homework, take home tests, etc. This position works under limited supervision.
Work Schedule: Flexible but up to 19.5 hours per week
Candidate Type: Federal Work Study OR International Students may apply.
Required Qualifications: Must have received an "A" in at least one, or the equivalent of, the following courses: MA 101 Intermediate Algebra, MA 102 College Algebra, MA 215 Applied Statistics, MBA 624 Business Analysis for Decision Making..
Overall GPA Requirements: 2.00 for undergrad and 3.00 for graduate
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent customer service orientation with the tact and strong verbal communication skills needed to facilitate relationship building.
- Maturity of judgment and ability to resolve problems without delay and/or to seek managerial intervention.
- Ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality in the handling student information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team.
- Proficiency in using PC software, including word-processing and spreadsheets.
- Excellent written communications skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Regularly sits; may stand, walk. See, hear, speak and use of hands.
Work Environment: Normal office environment, frequent use of phone and PC.
Salary: $9 per hour
Bellevue University prepares (1) an Annual Security Report to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act; (2) a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) Disclosure to comply with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act; and (3) and Consumer Information to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
All prospective employees may obtain a copy by clicking the preceding links or by requesting copies from the Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028 or emailing a request to email@example.com .