College of Medicine
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology
The University of Cincinnati, founded in 1819, is a premier, public, urban research university located in the heart of Cincinnati, Ohio. The university boasts a student body of over 43,000 enrolled in over 370 programs of study and is the region’s largest employer with over 15,000 faculty, staff and student workers. The University of Cincinnati embraces diversity and inclusion as core values and seeks to empower all members of the university community.
The College of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Hematology-Oncology, is currently accepting applications for two (2) part time, Student Workers. This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities.
Seeking two motivated, undergraduate level, student workers, who are passionate about cancer biology and aspire to pursue a career in laboratory research. The part-time positions are available in the laboratory of Dr. Pier Paolo Scaglioni. The candidates will work and receive training in close association with a post-doctoral fellow. The successful candidate will learn and perform a variety of cancer biology. Hours will vary based on the laboratory need (10-20 hours per week), but every effort will be made to be compatible the student’s class schedule. Will be trained to perform various general lab tasks, including, but not limited to molecular biology (PCR, Western Blot, real-Time PCR, ELISA, Immunoprecipitations, transfections, cloning, immunohistochemistry); cell culture.
- Must be enrolled at UC at least part-time (6 credit hours for undergraduate students and 5 credit hours for graduate students), with the exception of summer semester, or will be a registered student during the next academic semester for summer work. Must be age 18 or older.
- Enrollment in a major related to biology, bioengineering, pharmacology or related field during Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters
- Ability to properly handle basic calculations (i.e. unit conversion, dilutions, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, responsible, accountable, and motivated to assist in various tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Great verbal and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
In addition to your resume, all applicants are asked to upload a cover letter and up to 3 reference letters from previous job experiences.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
Student Services Professional, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 12 days ago
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide assistance to prospective and current students covering a wide range of detailed information. Utilize SIMS technology to ensure student receive consistent and accur...