College of Medicine
Department of Cancer Biology
The College of Medicine, Department of Cancer Biology, is currently accepting applications for one (1) part time, Student Worker. This position will support the University’s mission and commitment to excellence and diversity in our students, faculty, staff and all our activities.
Seeking a motivated, undergraduate level, student worker, who is passionate about cancer biology and aspires to pursue a career in laboratory research. The part-time position is available in the laboratory of Dr. David Plas. The candidate will work and receive training in close association with post-doctoral fellows, research associates, and/ or the principal investigator. The successful candidate will learn and perform a variety of cancer biology techniques. Hours will vary based on the laboratory need (approximately 8 hours per week), and effort will be made to be compatible the student’s class schedule. The student will be trained to perform various general lab tasks, including, but not limited to washing dishes/ labware, autoclaving glassware and solutions, managing inventory of chemicals, reagents, and samples, harvest and analysis of DNA, other duties as needed .
- At least 16 years of age.
- Enrolled at a post secondary institution or a secondary school.
- Enrolled at least part-time, with the exception of summer term, or will be a registered student during the next academic term.
- Enrolled at UC full-time with the exception of summer semester.
- Enrollment in a major related to biology, bioengineering, pharmacology, clinical laboratory science, medical sciences, or related field during Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 semesters
- Ability to properly handle basic calculations (i.e. unit conversion, dilutions, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, responsible, accountable, and motivated to learn and assist in various tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Great verbal and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Priority will be given to those interested in continuing the position longer than 1 year
In addition to your resume, all applicants are asked to upload a cover letter and provide names and contact information for up to three references.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.
Student Services Professional, Ivy Tech Community College, United States, 8 days ago
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide assistance to prospective and current students covering a wide range of detailed information. Utilize SIMS technology to ensure student receive consistent and accur...