Student Tour Guide (Fall) -
: Atmospheric&Geogrc. Scs. Dean
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: 1-1.5 hour tours are typical and most often scheduled M-F between the hours of 8am-5pm.Some night and weekend tours are possible.
Salary Range: Up to $12.50 based on experience
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Letter of Interest, Class Schedule
Tour guides are ambassadors for the University of Oklahoma, the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences, and the National Oceanic and
Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
Hiring contingent upon approval by NWC Tour Coordinator after combination of shadowing a minimum of three tours and leading a solo tour as well as verification of current student status.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the current Fall 2019 Term as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach Fall 2019 oZONE class schedule.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to walk/stand for an hour or more at a time.
- Must be attentive and be able to speak clearly in order to communicate effectively with tour guests.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student in good standing (i.e., not be on academic or disciplinary probation) in the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences at the University of Oklahoma or a currently enrolled graduate student with a major in the College of Atmospheric and Geographic Sciences.
- Basic understanding of meteorological concepts.
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups of varying ages and backgrounds.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent group facilitation (discussion) and coordination skills.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: No
Special Indications: None
: Oct 3, 2019