STUDENT SERVICE EXPERT -
: Financial Aid Services
: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Salary Range: up to $18.03, depending on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter
Student Service Experts provide integrated student services to University students, families, and staff in the areas of billing, financial aid, and scholarships. The Student Service Expert will support and meet the service requirements that align with the culture and goals of Enrollment Management.
The person in this position exhibits:
Integrity: Accountability for doing the right thing by exercising good judgment and honesty. Ability to create a safe environment for students and families and team members, including having emotional intelligence and self-awareness. Transparency and thoughtfulness in communication.
Care: Prioritization of creating the best experience possible for each person we encounter and at every step of the student experience. Providing service to others by being friendly, approachable and inclusive. Commitment to collaboration and to being a team player with a positive attitude. Inclusivity, which is the ability to work with a diverse group of people and having the ability to relate and be relatable to all those we serve.
Intentionality: Strong work ethic and contribution to the excellence of the Division of Enrollment Management and OU; self-motivation. Consistency in meeting deadlines and responding in a timely manner.
Innovation: Possession of a natural curiosity to learn and a continual pursuit of personal and professional growth in the field of college enrollment management. A focus on innovation, displaying an understanding of positive change and possessing a strong analytic ability. Efficiency by researching best practices, making creativity a priority.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 18-24 months experience in a student service-related field
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Advanced computer skills with wide knowledge of business software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
- Strong initiative to solve problems
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and identities.
- Must be able to read and interpret policy as well as State and Federal regulations
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to engage in repetitive motions. Ability to communicate including expressing oneself or exchanging information with others.
- Experience working in a Student Financial Center
- Work experience in Higher Ed
- Familiar with federal financial aid policies and procedures
- Available to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing .
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None
: Oct 11, 2019