Expectations and Essential Duties:
● Communicate directly with the Assistant Director of Communications, Student Graphics Assistant, Communications Team staff and Student Affairs requestors to start and see projects through to completion.
● Organize project request system and provide updates to Communications Team staff. Apply strong communication and organizational skills to assist the team with incoming project requests, and act (as needed) as a liaison between Communications Team staff and project requestors.
● Provide assistance for projects requiring written communication. Employ written communication skills to edit copy provided by requestors and aid the Marketing Communications Specialist on content creation for select projects.
● Make web updates, as requested by the Assistant Director of Communications, using the OU Campus content management system (CMS).
● Update and manage Student Affairs signage in UAA’s digital signage interface, as requested, with special attention to Enrollment Services requests.
● Participate in Communications Team brainstorming sessions and research peer institutions from a prospective student view. Evaluate student feedback and industry trends to inform communication planning process.
● Provide assistance to the Assistant Director of Communications and other Communications Team staff (as needed) on photo shoots and select recruitment events.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Familiarity with UAA’s Google apps (UAA Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Docs)
● Experience with OU Campus or other content management system
● Knowledge of basic HTML and web publishing standards (prior OU Campus training a plus)
● Experience proofreading and editing text (familiarity with AP style guidelines a plus)
● Able to follow established methods of organization and a willingness to learn new work processes and tools
● Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
To be eligible for student employment, UAA students must be registered in six or more UA credits and maintain a 2.0 cumulative grade point average.
The ideal candidate will have a background, or career interest, in marketing and communications.