Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our Financial Counseling team is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Student Financial Counselor Position.
Primary Function: The Student Financial Counselor (SFC) is responsible for using consultative, relational communication techniques to actively engage current and prospective students in a dialogue using email, text, telephone, and personal, face to face interactions to ensure timely and accurate responses to questions, and provide ongoing follow up to assist individuals in all phases of financial counseling. The SFC conducts interviews with prospective students and guardians to identify financial needs and counsel them through the financial planning process, to include financial aid. The SFC distributes and explains student financial forms as well as receives completed forms provided by the student in order to process their request. SFC are assigned and dedicated to a student from initial application to graduation. SFC manages all aspects of provisional students to finalized financing and payment of accounts. The incumbent possesses and applies a strong knowledge of company policies and procedures, Title IV, Department of Education standards, and other regulations governing financial aid options to ensure a complete, seamless, and accurate process for students. Errors may cause substantial delay, expense, and/or disruption.
- Associate’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of customer service experience in a financial and/or University environment required.
- General knowledge of student financial aid options, processes, and governing regulations preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of data entry skills required with the ability to input and access a variety of computer data.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously while providing consistently high level of service.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required with the ability to work with diverse customers and resolve issues.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills required with the ability to use correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc.
- Must be detailed orientated, with the ability to ensure accurate work within prescribed timeframe.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and work in a team environment.
- Commitment to quality and personal ethics to maintain a high level of confidentiality related to all duties and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in computer software, databases, internet, spreadsheets, word-processing, experience with PeopleSoft ERP/CRM systems preferred.
Student centric. Fast-paced. Collaborative. Innovative. These are all words our employees use to describe the Bellevue University work experience. Our reputation as a growing, progressive University requires us to recruit and retain only the most dynamic and qualified individuals in their fields. We aspire to be nationally recognized as the respected and trusted source of learning needed to thrive and succeed in the face of a rapidly changing world. We offer learning experiences that have the ability to create positive change for individuals, for strategic partners and for our nation. To accomplish our strategic plan, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and understanding that promotes open communication, personal and professional development, long-term employees and long-term success. We are committed to fostering a workplace that is not only challenging, but also rich with opportunity and reward.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu .
Bellevue University prepares (1) an Annual Security Report to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act; (2) a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) Disclosure to comply with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act; and (3) and Consumer Information to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
All prospective employees may obtain a copy by clicking the preceding links or by requesting copies from the Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028 or emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Maintenance Engineer Ii 2 Open Positions; Days; Mechanical Shop, Creighton University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Be a part of something BIG Bring your knowledge, skills and passion to Creighton University and help us lead, inspire, and make an impact on campus and in our communities. Creighton University, lo...
Custodian Skutt Student Center (Sunday To Thursday), Creighton University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Under direct supervision, responsible for the cleaning and custodial care of buildings and working areas. Uses proper and established methods and materials in cleaning and otherwise caring for bui...