Student Facilities Maintenance Employee (FALL) -
: Oklahoma Memorial Union
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: 3:00pm - 8:00pm Saturday and Sunday
Salary Range: Up to $9.25 based on experience
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Class Schedule
Performs custodial, facilities and inventory support duties that may include some or all of the following.
- Mops, sweeps, waxes, and polishes floors
- Cleans and dusts furniture, equipment, etc.
- Locks and unlocks offices, classrooms, and conference areas
- Collects and disposes of wastepaper and refuse while participating in the campus recycling program as directed
- Vacuums carpeted areas where applicable
- Maintains lavatories and restrooms in a sanitary condition
- May shovel snow from doorways and sidewalks
- Performs building maintenance duties, such as clea ning, changing light bulbs, light painting, etc. and inspects work environment to determine any repairs
- Maintains and performs minor repairs on field equipment following training, to include equipment at remote sites
- Calculates the dimensions of replacement parts used in the maintenance of equipment and facilities using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Contacts appropriate person(s) routinely in the process of setting up and maintaining field equipment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the current 2019 Term as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach Fall 2019 oZONE class schedule.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Regular exposure to disagreeable conditions, extreme temperature changes, odors, and hazardous chemicals.
- Lifting and carrying loads up to 50 pounds.
- Excessive use of arms in a back and forth motion, stooping and bending.
- Prolonged standing and walking.
- Must be at least 16 years of age as required by Fair Labor Standards Act.
- May perform shift work.
- May have constant exposure to load noises.
Department Preferences :
- Knowledge of carpet extractors and floor buffers
Supervision: Receives direct supervision from a designated supervisor
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: Hiring contingent upon background check
: Sep 10, 2019