Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through both in-class and online venues. Our Student Life Team is currently looking for an energetic and knowledgeable individual to fill our Student Experience Specialist Position.
Primary Function: The Student Experience Specialist supports the vision of the residential campus experience within the Residence and Student Life team. This position provides core functions for ensuring a welcoming and smooth life cycle for all student housing residents, as well as facilitating an engaged campus environment. The Specialist’s responsibilities include maintaining important housing records and coordinating vital activities to support student life programming. The incumbent engages with University constituents and external vendors to ensure residents and staff are supported.
- Administrative and Operational Support
- Supports and promotes the University’s strategic plan, with an emphasis on the residential student experience.
- Monitors housing application process and provides customer support to potential residents.
- Ensures up-to-date resident records across University systems and with external partners.
- Updates meal plan rosters to ensure accuracy.
- Collaborates with various internal departments and external partners to coordinate resident move-in and move-out tasks.
- Reviews bi-weekly entry access reports in compliance with University Policies.
- Maintains equipment and supply inventory for units.
- Acts as a backup in the on-call staffing rotation, as needed; including supervision of Resident Assistants, timely response to emergency situations, appropriate escalation of conduct issues, and reporting of maintenance issues.
- Resident Assistant Coordination
- Plans and coordinates annual and recurring RA training sessions.
- Assists with coordinating the RA duty schedules.
- Monitors monthly and quarterly campus engagement requirements.
- Supports Student Life programming
- Supports successful planning and executing of student activities including, but not limited to, New Student Orientation, BRUIN Week, wellbeing and prevention programs, and residence life programming.
- Helps manage the student weekly email and campus mobile app.
- Supports planning and facilitation of University intramural programming, in conjunction with Athletics.
- Arranges mascot appearances on campus and in the community, facilitating the scholarship recipient requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Educational Administration, Communications or related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in high customer focus or relationship management required. Experience preferably in an academic environment.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience using PeopleSoft CRM and CS or equivalent ERP systems required, or other qualifying combination of education and experience.
- Strong customer service with the ability to work with diverse internal and external customers.
- Professional maturity and ability to utilize tact and diplomacy in all forms of communication with internal and external clients.
- Detail orientated, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize activities to work in a fast pace environment.
- Willingness to work irregular hours (evenings and weekends) as needed.
- Able to communicate, both verbal and written, in a clear and effective manner.
- Ability to manage multiple activities and deadlines.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of student information.
- Proficient in Microsoft office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Student centric. Fast-paced. Collaborative. Innovative. These are all words our employees use to describe the Bellevue University work experience. Our reputation as a growing, progressive University requires us to recruit and retain only the most dynamic and qualified individuals in their fields. We aspire to be nationally recognized as the respected and trusted source of learning needed to thrive and succeed in the face of a rapidly changing world. We offer learning experiences that have the ability to create positive change for individuals, for strategic partners and for our nation. To accomplish our strategic plan, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and understanding that promotes open communication, personal and professional development, long-term employees and long-term success. We are committed to fostering a workplace that is not only challenging, but also rich with opportunity and reward.
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu .
Bellevue University prepares (1) an Annual Security Report to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act; (2) a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) Disclosure to comply with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act; and (3) and Consumer Information to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer .
All prospective employees may obtain a copy by clicking the preceding links or by requesting copies from the Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028 or emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Postal Worker Days; 2 Open Positions (6 Month Assignment), Creighton University, United States, 2 days ago
Delivers and collects mail on foot or by vehicle for designated departments on campus and other outlying clinics/offices. This role also includes working on the receiving dock unloading a truck, ...
Driver Shuttle Services (9pm 2am); 3 Open Positions, Creighton University, United States, 2 days ago
This will be a temporary assignment of working up to 19 hours per week during the academic school year (mid-august to mid-may). Position will require a current and valid driver's license as will ...