Under the oversight of the Director of Student Aid Awarding, the Manager of Scholarship Operations (MSO) is responsible for the administration of Berklee’s institutional scholarship initiatives for the Student Financial Services Office. Working collaboratively with the Institutional Advancement and External Affairs offices, the MSO will manage the daily operations of all institutional scholarships, with a particular focus on workflow processes and communication to both internal and external parties. The MSO works in a highly integrated way with leadership from Admissions, Student Success, Student Financial Services, Registrar, Advancement and Bursar’s Offices respectively. The MSO plays an important role in the College’s recruitment and retention efforts.
Use Capabilities (Illustrated by Typical Activities):
- Actively contributes to implementation of strategies to meet goals for target populations for key areas of enrollment, including undergraduate, graduate and summer programs.
- Works closely with Institutional Advancement to improve donor stewardship.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with a broad range of constituencies including students, parents, faculty, department chairs and other members of the Berklee community.
- Plans and oversees student recognition events for scholarship recipients, including but not limited to the Division Achievement Awards/Spring Awards.
- Participates on Financial Aid and Scholarship Appeals Committee.
- Working familiarity with office technologies and budgetary procedures relative to program management. Experience with PowerFAIDs a plus.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of administrative procedures relative to scholarship program management. Works with various college constituencies (Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Employment, Institutional Advancement, Bursar, Accounting, Instructional Divisions) to ensure that such procedures are streamlined for maximum efficiency.
- Manages tracking and statistical analysis of college scholarship programs as requested.
- Initiates key task forces established to address ad hoc needs or concerns in the ongoing development of our scholarship programs.
- Administers awarding of all Boston campus college scholarship funds with a view to maintaining the integrity of each program while supporting the overall enrollment objectives of the college. Oversees the maintenance of scholarship records on individual students.
- Manages scholarship awarding processes and procedures for all Summer Program awarding, including Summer Jazz Workshop and City Music Summer Programs.
- Participates in the implementation of an annual calendar for all scholarship administrative procedures ensuring a smooth integration with administrative procedures in other areas of the college, particularly Admissions, Financial Aid, Comptroller, and the three instructional divisions.
- Oversees probation process for at risk students. Provides leadership to the Associate Director in managing individual cases.
- Other duties as assigned.
Capabilities Required (Experience, Education, Skills):
- Excellent planning, organizational, analytical and implementation capabilities to deliver outstanding service to students and the College and Conservatory communities.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in order to ensure comprehensive implementation of program administrative procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in order ton ensure effective on- and off-campus communications of program policies and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to collaborate effectively with a broad range of on and off campus constituencies, including students, parents, faculty, Chairs, Deans and other staff.
- Working familiarity with office technologies. Experience with PowerFAIDs and database management programs a plus.
- Familiarity with standard budgeting procedures. Workday experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
• Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities and experiences.
• A resume or CV.
Currently enrolled Berklee students may not apply for staff or faculty positions.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Aces Fellowship Faculty Pipeline Initiative, Texas A&M University, American Geophysical Union, United States, 12 days ago
Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship Fellows 2020-2021 Program Texas A&M University’s Accountability, Climate, Equity, and Scholarship (ACES) Fellows Program is a faculty pipeline init...
Graduate Student Specialist Iii, Texas A&M University, United States, 17 days ago
Job Title Graduate Student Specialist III Agency Texas A&M University Department Graduate And Professional Studies Proposed Minimum Salary $2,517.67 monthly Job Location College Station, Texas Job...
Student Worker Theatre Arts, Blinn College, United States, about 13 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested. Requisition Number 2020025S Position Title Student Worker - Theatre Arts Department Visual and Performin...
Student Worker, Bryan Testing Center, Blinn College, United States, about 13 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested. Requisition Number 2020029S Position Title Student Worker, Bryan Testing Center Department Academic Advi...
Student Worker, Bryan Academic Advising, Blinn College, United States, about 13 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested. Requisition Number 2020028S Position Title Student Worker, Bryan Academic Advising Department Academic A...
Student Worker Tutor Federal Work Study Eligible, Blinn College, United States, about 13 hours ago
Posting Details VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested. Requisition Number 2020019S Position Title Student Worker-Tutor-Federal Work Study Eligible Department L...