Student Employee - Summer Resident Assistant -
: Sooner Upward Bound
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: June 4 - July 18. -Sundays 1:30pm to 11:30pm, Mondays - Wednesdays 6 -7:30am and 3:30pm to 11:30 and , Thursdays 6-7:30am & 3:30pm to 4:30pm
Salary Range: $7.25-$9.25 plus room and board
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
Temporary Position for June 4 - July 20, 2019
Schedule: Sundays 1:30pm to 11:30pm, Mondays - Wednesdays 6 -7:30am and 3:30pm to 11:30 and , Thursdays 6-7:30am& 3:30pm to 4:30pm
Compensation: This is an hourly, paid position as described above. Room and board is provided for the duration of the program with meals covered off hours.
Resident Assistants will be paid via our normal, OU bi-weekly payroll calendar when time sheets are submitted on-time.
RAs will not be scheduled or expected to work between 7:30am to 3:30pm during the weekdays allowing time to attend summer class.
RAs will not be expected or scheduled to attend lunch with the students or escort them to classes during the day.
RAs will not be expected or scheduled to work between 11pm and 6am. During this time scheduled staff will be supervising the students and students will be instructed to leave the RA staff alone.
Work as a team with the Residential Director/Assistant Director, Program Director, Graduate Assistants, and defer to their instructions.
Work as a team with other RAs and contact the Residential Director to resolve conflicts.
Responsibly advise and supervise high school students according to University, State, and Federal laws and policies.
Secure students on residential floors by maintain awareness of visitors, strangers, OU staff, and the location of all students at all times.
Secure students on appropriate residential floors and maintain separation of residents to their private floors.
Perform conflict resolution and counseling on an as needed basis.
Monitor students; report safety concerns IMMEDIATELY to program staff.
Live in the residence halls with students and be responsible for directing and participating in nightly activities.
Provide direction for student in preparing for their days in a healthy, hygienic manner.
Maintain and complete student documentation of attendance and submit all reports prior to the end of the program.
Attend events where students and parents are present.
Participate in end of program achievement awards reception.
Set up and supervise events as needed.
Strictly enforce and practice the code of conduct for all Upward Bound staff.
Serve as exceptional mentor and positive role-model to students.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Spring, Summer and/or Fall 2019 schedule
- Must have a Junior or Senior standing OR in a Graduate/Phd program.
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English.
- Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff.
- Able to use technology to effectively communicate, schedule events, and record time sheets online.
- Good judgement and professionalism in a constantly changing work environment.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions; grasp objects with fingers and/or hands, speak, including with others; see, including color, depth perception and clarity.
- Ability to actively move with students to various locations on campus in varying temperatures and conditions.
- Ability to drive in emergencies (only allowed if over 24 year old and in OU vehicles.)
- Experience working in summer camp or residential conference environments
- Experience working with diverse and underprivileged youth
- Experience as a Resident Assistant at the college level
- Experience with TRIO programs and/or other federal supplemental programs
- Hiring contingent upon background and police records check.
- If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: Hiring contingent upon police records check
: Apr 10, 2019
Regular Student Clerical Central Station Food Lab Buyer, University of Central Oklahoma, United States, about 23 hours ago
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable. College of Educational and Professiona...
Stlr Office Graphics Media Student Intern, University of Central Oklahoma, United States, about 23 hours ago
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable. Student Transformative Learning (TL) P...