Student Employee- NAVIGATOR (SPRING) -
: Sooner Flight Academy
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: as needed for youth programs; occasional during fall/spring semesters, full/pt time during June/July
Salary Range: Up to $12.00 based on experience
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Academic Transcripts, Class Schedule
Job is located at North Campus (Max Westheimer Airport).
Assist in teaching science/aviation lessons and activities to children ages 6-18. Additional duties include lifting, loading, packing supplies/equipment; setting up equipment; clerical duties including but not limited to answering phones, filing, customer service, inventory. Ability to speak clear, concise English. Other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled in the current SPRING 2020 Term as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach SPRING 2020 oZONE class schedule.
Must have working knowledge of computers; Microsoft Office
Must have demonstrated oral/written communication skills (English)
Must have demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work independently and as a team member
Must be able to follow a lesson plan and speak in front of a group
Must have excellent leadership skills
Strong attention to detail
Must be 18 years or older
Class D Driver License
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Willingness and ability to lift, load, and haul supplies, materials, and equipment; set up and tear down equipment and displays; move supplies and keep accurate inventory.
- Experience working with children as a positive role model.
- Prefer candidates who have completed 30 hours of undergraduate courses by the end of Spring 2020 semester
- Prefer candidates who have completed at least 6 hours of engineering, science, math, aviation, or elementary education courses.
- Prefer candidates who teaching experience or aviation experience with children and/or teens
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: Yes
Special Indications: None
: Feb 4, 2020