Student Employee - IT Learning Spaces Technician (SUMMER/FALL) -
: IT Engineering Lab
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Varies depending on specific position, location, and employee availabliity.
Salary Range: Up to $9.00 based on experience
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
Information Technology relies on more than 100 students to provide service and technical support to the University of Oklahoma. OU IT is committed to professional development and provides these students with mentorship, training, and development opportunities. These positions ensure a positive customer experience by providing excellent technology support and meeting customer expectations.
Learning Spaces Technicians serve as on-call mobile technicians that provide technical support and troubleshooting for collaborative spaces, computer labs, and classrooms across campus. Support and troubleshooting activities encompass both hardware and software, along with detailed proactive maintenance in the spaces we service.
Job duties include:
- Proactively assist all customers with issues they may experience
- Manage incidents and provide appropriate updates and feedback
- Provide effective customer support by telephone, e-mail or in person
- Attend meetings as assigned and follow-up as necessary
- Attend assigned training sessions or read assigned training manuals and pass the associated proficiency exam in the time allotted
- Troubleshoot software and hardware
- Communicate technical information effectively to faculty, staff, and students
- Assist in faculty training
- Document technical procedures as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent OU IT in a professional manner
COVID-19 Job Details: During remote work, alternate job duties will include providing Tier 1 phone support for Zoom, Canvas, MyMedia, and other instructional technology tools.
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
- Must attach Summer and/or Fall 2020 class schedule. Please print something out from ONE (where you see your enrollment and class schedule).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must practice effective time management skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative/team environment.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must have familiarity with Windows and/or Mac OS
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Must be proactive in finding solutions.
- Must effectively problem solve, seeking out and finding appropriate solutions.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift heavy objects (25+ lbs); ability to climb, crouch, bend or stoop.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a technical environment is preferred.
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: No
Special Indications: None
: May 21, 2020