Student Employee - IT Customer Experience Specialist (SUMMER) -
: IT Community Experience
: United States-Oklahoma-Norman
Work Schedule: Varies depending on specific position, location, and employee availabliity.
Salary Range: $9.00
Benefits Provided: No
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Class Schedule
Information Technology relies on more than 100 students to provide service and technical support to the University of Oklahoma. OU IT is committed to professional development and provides these students with mentorship, training, and development opportunities. These positions ensure a positive customer experience by providing excellent technology support and meeting customer expectations.
OU IT is currently hiring for two separate positions – Services Specialists and Learning Spaces Technicians. These positions will work primarily throughout Summer 2019. Continued employment will be contingent upon continued enrollment at OU and satisfactory work performance.
Services Specialists provide customer support via phone, email, and face-to-face interactions in three campus Service Centers. Students in this role will direct inbound calls across campus, troubleshoot minor issues, provide technical support, and communicate with various IT teams to resolve more technically advanced customer incidents. Most shifts will take place between 8-6p, Monday through Friday. Some weekend shifts will be required.
Learning Spaces Technicians serve as on-call mobile technicians that provide technical support and troubleshooting for collaborative spaces, computer labs, and classrooms across campus. Support and troubleshooting activities encompass both hardware and software, along with detailed proactive maintenance in the spaces we service. Shift days/times will vary. Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
Example job duties include:
- Proactively assist all customers with issues they may experience
- Manage incidents and provide appropriate updates and feedback
- Provide effective customer support by telephone, e-mail or in person
- Attend meetings as assigned and follow-up as necessary
- Attend assigned training sessions or read assigned training manuals and pass the associated proficiency exam in the time allotted
- Troubleshoot software and hardware
- Install and configure software
- Communicate technical information effectively to faculty, staff, and students
- Assist in faculty training
- Document technical procedures as assigned
- Maintain a professional appearance and represent OU IT in a professional manner
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends (Learning Spaces Technicians only)
- Maintain OU IT equipment
Required Education: Must be currently enrolled as a student at the University of Oklahoma. Hiring contingent upon verification of current student status.
Must attach Spring, Summer and/or Fall 2019 class schedule
Must attach Summer class schedule if enrolled during that term
- Required Hiring Event-- Qualified applicants must attend the group hiring event that will be held on campus April 30th , from 5:30-7:30p. Applicants selected to attend the hiring event will receive an email invitation with additional details.
- Training-- New hires should plan to attend to attend paid training that occurs during May 13-24. Final days/times are yet to be determined. New hires will be excused to attend academic classes, but they should otherwise be available to work.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must practice effective time management skills.
Must have the ability to multi-task.
Must be able to work in a collaborative/team environment.
Must have a strong work ethic.
Must have familiarity with Windows and/or Mac OS
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office.
- Must be proactive in finding solutions.
Must effectively problem solve, seeking out and finding appropriate solutions.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift heavy objects (25+ lbs); ability to climb, crouch, bend or
stoop. (Applies to the Learning Spaces position ONLY).
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a technical environment is preferred.
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?: No
Special Indications: None
: Apr 18, 2019
Regular Student Clerical Central Station Food Lab Buyer, University of Central Oklahoma, United States, about 1 hour ago
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable. College of Educational and Professiona...
Stlr Office Graphics Media Student Intern, University of Central Oklahoma, United States, about 1 hour ago
Please upload a PDF of your STLR Snapshot (http://stlrsnapshot.uco.edu) to this job application; if you have no STLR credits yet, an empty one is acceptable. Student Transformative Learning (TL) P...